Full Stack Software Engineer
São Paulo, SP, Brazil · Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
As a Software Engineer within PayJoy’s team, you will build the technology to support millions of customers worldwide. Our unique locking technology combines our proprietary “secret sauce” and the effective use of data to give users credit-based products in emerging markets. We're also focused on world-class app design, web frontend and backend, and partner API integrations. As a key part of PayJoy’s global engineering team, you need to be up for any technical challenge and willing to learn new technologies.
- Use and manage relational SQL databases. Use SQL programming language to perform Create, Retrieve, Update, and Delete operations (DDL and DML commands). Design and implement database schema changes to support new features.
- Understand the importance of customer data. Proper handling of customer’s sensitive information. Build data driven products
- Work with global engineering teams and partners to deliver great products into international markets. Design and implement tools to guarantee that remote teams are able to support partners’ needs. Build APIs to deliver the data partners need in real-time.
- Build independently and/or take ownership of sets of features. Contribute to feature development across the full life-cycle: requirements to implementation, requirement changes, follow-up implementation, and bug fixes.
- Grow the engineering team. Provide mentorship and documentation for new engineers. Interview new candidates for the team
- Be willing to work in a collaborative environment. Participate in code reviews as a important part of the job. Be able to work collaboratively with other engineers using engineering practices but not limited to , pair programming and TDD. Willing to work in an Agile environment.
- Experience in financial technology services.
- Bachelors (or Masters) in Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Creative and fast problem solving capabilities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with constant requirement changes.
- Local benefits will change according to the candidate location
- $2,000 USD annual Coworking Travel allowance
- $2,000 USD annual Professional Development allowance
- $500 USD annual Fitness allowance
- $500 USD Phone Finance allowance
- $250 USD Home Office equipment allowance
- $200 USD Headphone allowance
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed