Sales & Business Development
KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
With over a million customers trusting PayJoy, it’s increasingly important that our apps and services operate with integrity and high availability while keeping our customers' data confidential.
PayJoy is looking for a Sales Representative to help drive the growth of PayJoy’s phone finance services in South Africa. As our ideal candidate, you are dynamic, results-driven and enjoy a high-change environment that is focused on building the next generation of PayJoy’s phone finance experiences. The Sales Representative is responsible for the expansion of retail and distribution and to increase sales revenue while building solid relationships with the retailers and distributors across South Africa.
You will be the main point of contact for our retail partners within the given region. Be the champion ambassador of Payjoy to develop and mature sales whilst adding new clients. You will be visiting stores to provide support and to train sales staff, promoters and OEM field marketing teams on a regular basis. Part of the administrative tasks is that you will be providing sales analysis to each partner and create strategies to increase sales, negotiation skills are a must since you will be in charge of store performance and sales.
- Must have great communication skills and integrity.
- Experience in retail and carrier business
- Experience in sales and training.
- Must be able to build strong relationships within the retail environment.
- Availability to travel and work under ambiguity
- Advanced English speaking level
- Support promoters within the region
- Public speaking skills and ability to train big groups when needed
- Achieve regional sales targets and meet store activation targets
- Analyze, recognise and execute potential growth opportunities in the market.
- Team Player - working with global teams.
- Minimum experience of 3- 5 years in any of the following areas: Field sales & Marketing, Customer Service, Sales, mobile device sales & customer care
- Must own a reliable vehicle
- Must have a valid driver license
- Experience in Telecom industry
- Experience in visual merchandising
- Experience in training and onboarding new partners
- Negotiation and communication skills
- Medical Aid plan
- Retirement plan
- Internet Allowance
- Death, Funeral and Disability
- Annual Fitness Benefit
- Annual Professional Development
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed