Retail Insights Researcher
Recife - State of Pernambuco, Brazil
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
As Retail Insights Researcher, you will work with highly skilled cross-functional teams to garner in-depth knowledge of our three customer groups (End-Customers, Clerks, and Owner/Admins). You will collaborate closely with Merchant Ops, Product Management, Sales, and GTM teams, serving as the eyes and ears to understand what is happening in the field.
Our ideal candidate can establish a great rapport with Clerks, Owners/Admins, and Customers representing PayJoy professionally and cordially at all times. You will spend almost all your time visiting stores and speaking with these customers.
- Through in-person interviews, you will:
- Identify opportunities and issues before anyone knows we need or have them;
- Detect changes in clerks' and owners/admins' preferences, needs, and wants, and how those impact sales and selection;
- Gather competitive intelligence and track the competitive landscape by mystery shopping;
- Garner quantitative and qualitative measurements of how PayJoy is meeting the needs of Clerks and owners within your region and across other regions;
- Gain a complete understanding of the retail store environments in which PayJoy operates.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in research, marketing, or a related field;
- English and Portuguese language proficiency;
- Must be able to work autonomously and be responsible for timely results;
- Able to hit productivity targets, e.g., the number of store visits and interviews per week.
Skills and desired qualifications
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to understand and make retail Clerks and Admins/Owners feel at ease to discuss any topic;
- Strong team player with proven ability to effectively work with and influence sales, GTM, product management, and merchant operations;
- Ability to understand, present, and explain initiatives and their results;
- Proactive in bringing forth potential ideas to enhance or improve PayJoy offerings;
- Adaptable to constantly changing activities or requests.
- Company-funded Health and Dental Insurance for employees and immediate family members.
- Life insurance.
- Monthly benefits of meal vouchers and Home Office assistance.
- Annual benefits of Fitness ($500), Professional Development ($2,000), and International Business Travel ($2,000).
- One-off benefits of phone finance (US$500), home office equipment (US$250), and headsets (US$200).
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed