Collections Manager - Colombia
Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
The Colombia Collections Manager is responsible for monitoring, supervising, and maximizing the returns of the Colombia Agencies, dedicated to recovering as many clients delinquent accounts as possible. The Collections Manager will review Collections strategies performance, design and implement adjustments, monitor the contactability, promises made, promises kept, negotiation techniques, incentives, manage the relationship with other key internal stakeholders (CX, Risk, Merchant Ops, Fraud), ensure the overall strategy provides better results after initiatives interactions and compare Colombia Collections recovery with other PayJoy Countries.
- Analyze current collection processes, identify potential pain points and roadblocks that deter productivity
- Review existing Mode Collections Dashboards and create new ones proposing frequent adjustments to improve visibility, usability, and efficiency:
- Review agencies' performance and make sure that they are following our rules and fulfilling our expectations in terms of productivity and recovery rates.
- Propose changes in collections strategies, pointing at maximizing agencies performance
- Prepare frequent touch points with Risk to ensure alignment in terms of strategy, analytics, objectives, KPIs, etc.
- Propose and try new channels (e.g. notifications, WhatsApp) for early delinquency.
- Propose new strategies for our late delinquency recovery.
Create “portfolio evolution” (current, delinquent, 120+ portfolios in terms of accounts and UPB)
Agency performance in terms of contactability, promises made and kept, and digital channels.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in finance-related roles in leadership roles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of payment processes.
- Proficiency in Excel and data analysis tools.
- SQL knowledge.
- A structured approach to problem-solving.
- Prepaid medicine
- Indefinite-term contract
- 20 days of vacations
- 2,000 USD annual International Business Travel
- 2,000 USD annual Professional Development
- 500 USD annual Fitness benefit
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed