Merchant Operations Jr Manager
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
As the Merchants Operations Jr. Manager, you will be responsible for our merchant and clerk satisfaction metrics. These are two key metrics for the growth of our Phone Finance Sales. You will work with several merchants nationwide and be involved in strategic interactions and several administrative transactions that help us build successful partnerships and grow our business. The role will ensure efficient and successful partnerships in Peru by driving our clients through our processes and products. You will work with multiple teams to launch, implement, and scale operations processes, driving success through the ops lifecycle framework and being part of an innovative and collaborative environment.
The Merchant Operations Jr. Manager will ensure efficient and successful project launch for the Operational Business, understanding their needs and growth by driving organizational readiness across all functional areas.
The successful candidate will have experience executing complex, cross-functional programs, knowledge, and proper interpretation of engineering requirements, and will be able to lead teams to achieve challenging goals in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Lead the Merchant Operations team (10 people)
- Ensure the “onboarding” of Stores and Sellers, guaranteeing SLAs and timely communication; in coordination with the Sales team
- Deploy massive training programs for Promoters at stores
- Ensure commission payments, promotions, incentives, etc. will be paid on time; in coordination with the Accounting and Finance teams
- Ensure store collection management and customer collection management (third parties and affiliated stores)
- Implement the necessary controls to avoid fraud and increased delinquency; in coordination with the Risk and Fraud teams
- Ensure brand presence in stores and coordinate promotional and marketing materials' shipping to merchants
- Coordinate and implement special cross-functional projects to improve merchants/clerks/promoters' experience through agile methodologies and project execution; in coordination with the Product team
- Maintain all information concerning references, prices, users, etc in our system
- Support sales area to implement programs related to merchants or clerks
- Coordinate special cross-functional projects (Consignment, Cash in Advance, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years of experience as a people manager
- At least 2 years of experience in areas related to Operations or project management
- Strong communication, negotiation and analytics skills
- Advanced English
- Used to work in fast-paced environments
- Experience in the Telecom, Banking or Retail sector
- Experience leading high-performance teams in entrepreneurial environments
- Business and management indicators acumen
- 30 days of vacation
- Family allowance
- Compensation for time of service
- Semiannual bonus
- Medical rest/leave
- Fitness Benefit
- Development Benefit
- Home Office equipment Benefit
- Travel Benefit
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed