Machine Learning Engineer
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
You will collaborate with Risk and Fraud teams along with other data scientists at PayJoy to identify value in our data across modeling use cases. You will incorporate that signal into the data features that you will construct and into the machine learning models that you will develop and deploy. As PayJoy expands to new geographies with different data sources and new products with different customer risks, this is an opportunity to touch every aspect of the model development lifecycle.
You are excited to be a part of a data science team on a mission to improve access to credit and technology in emerging markets. You are eager to learn about the intersection of machine learning and financial credit. You want to develop data features and machine learning models that allow us to confidently predict customer risk.
- Collaborate with expert business partners to translate the potential of our data into concrete value.
- Construct data features to feed into the machine learning models that you will build.
- Improve model performance by taking successful aspects of a model and applying those learnings to other models.
- 1+ years of industry experience developing and deploying machine learning models.
- 3+ years of industry experience primarily working with data (for example as a data scientist, software engineer, data engineer, analyst, or other technical role).
- Proficient in both Python and SQL.
- Some formal academic training in machine learning.
- Fluent in English written and spoken.
- Company-funded Health and Dental Insurance for employees and immediate family members
- Life insurance
- 30 days of Christmas bonus
- 50% Vacation premium
- 13% Saving funds
- 2,000 MXN monthly grocery coupons
- 20 days paid Vacation
- 2,000 USD annual International Business Travel allowance
- 2,000 USD annual Professional Development allowance
- 500 USD annual Fitness allowance
- 500 USD Phone Finance allowance
- 250 USD Home Office equipment allowance
- 200 USD Headphone allowance
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed