Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
With over a million customers trusting PayJoy, it’s increasingly important that our apps and services operate with integrity and high availability while keeping our customers' data confidential.
As a member of PayJoy's Money Engineering Team, you will help the effort to support our internal users achieve those goals.
The successful candidate is excited about the opportunity to grow with PayJoy's Money team.
We’re looking for someone with a collaborative spirit who likes to get things done. You will have many internal partners eager to work with you: our, Data Engineers, API Engineers, and others. You’ll get to learn from the challenges in front of you as well as from your talented colleagues.
- Design, implement, test, debug, and deploy features and services from product specification.
- Work with the Product team to deliver code that addresses business needs.
- Query and manage MySQL databases.
- Use SQL programming language to perform Create, Retrieve, Update, and Delete operations.
- Design and implement database schema changes to support new features.
- Experience with financial products.
- Integrate with 3rd party payment providers.
- Manage ledgers with bi-directional transactions for partners (deposits and debits).
- Build capital allocation tools for external debt funds.
- Work with global engineering teams and partners to deliver great products into international markets.
- Design and implement tools to guarantee that remote teams are able to support partners’ needs.
- Build APIs to deliver the data partners need in real-time.
- Build independently and/or take ownership of sets of features.
- Contribute to feature development across the full life-cycle: requirements to implementation, requirement changes, follow-up. implementation, and bug fixes.
- Participate in code modifications and deployments.
- Grow the engineering team.
- Provide mentorship and documentation for new engineers.
- Interview new candidates for the team.
- Experience in working with financial technology services (especially in Payments space).
- 5+ years of software development / system administration experience.
- Bachelors (or Masters) in Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with constant requirement changes.
- Company-funded Health and Dental Insurance for employees and immediate family members
- Life insurance
- 30 days of Christmas bonus
- 20 days paid Vacation
- 50% Vacation premium
- 13% Saving funds
- 2,000 MXN monthly grocery coupons
- 2,000 USD annual International Business Travel allowance
- 2,000 USD annual Professional Development allowance
- 500 USD annual Fitness allowance
- 500 USD Phone Finance allowance
- 250 USD Home Office equipment allowance
- 200 USD Headphone allowance
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed