Full Stack Engineer - Devices Team
são paulo, state of são paulo, brazil
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
PayJoy is seeking an experienced software engineer with the ability to design and implement solutions to the technical challenges that face a quickly growing financial services company. PayJoy’s goal is to extend credit to the next billion of the world’s population who have historically been locked out of traditional financial systems.
In this role, you’ll be working with a team of engineers, focused mostly on backend software development in PHP/MySQL in support of PayJoy’s Android device management efforts. Some Android development will also be required.
- Work with development teams and product managers to develop software solutions.
- Collaborate on the client-side (Android) and server-side architecture.
- Write effective APIs.
- Write tests.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade software.
- Provide mentorship and feedback to internal teams.
- 5+ years in full-stack development or equivalent.
- Hands on experience with multiple back-end languages, including PHP and Python.
- High MySQL proficiency.
- Ability to write quality tests using PhpUnit.
- Some familiarity with Android Java/Kotlin is a plus.
- Some experience with frontend frameworks such as vue.js is a plus.
- Company-funded Health and Dental Insurance for employees and immediate family members.
- Life insurance.
- Monthly benefits of meal vouchers and Home Office assistance.
- Meal vouchers per work day.
- 2,000 USD annual International Business Travel
- 2,000 USD annual Professional Development
- 500 USD annual Fitness benefit
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed