Commercial Director Brazil
são paulo, state of são paulo, brazil
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
You will contribute to the mission of delivering consumer finance at scale. One of the many reasons PayJoy develops innovative products is because of the collaborative work of our teams that enable consumer finance in emerging markets. This person will help drive the growth of PayJoy’s innovative smartphone service in the Brazilian market.
You will build on the success of PayJoy’s phone financing business to meet ambitious growth goals. You'll work with teammates and external partners to ensure a successful operation. As our ideal candidate, you are dynamic, results-driven and enjoy a high-change environment that is focused on building the next generation of PayJoy’s phone finance experiences. The Commercial Director is responsible for the creation and deployment of the commercial strategy, and to deliver the expected financial results.
PayJoy is committed to the goal of building a dynamic, diverse team, and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities.
- Develops and executes sales plans and programs, both short and long-term, to ensure the profit growth and expansion of company products and services.
- Establish sales goals to ensure share of market and profitability of products and/or services in line with the country business plan.
- Ensures effective control of sales results and that corrective action takes place to be certain that the achievement of sales objectives is within designated budgets.
- Integrate and lead a fast-growing sales organization.
- Research, analyze, and monitor relevant business factors so that market opportunities may be capitalized.
- Constantly interacts with other functional teams to optimize business operations and results.
- Have a degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or related careers with +10 years working for tech, finance, insurance, FMCG companies. MBA to be considered a plus.
- Proven successful experience in leading retail/carrier accounts of all sizes, including engaging at C-level in large retail/carriers organizations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Well developed people management skills.
- Experience working at fast growing companies.
- English (advanced). Spanish to be considered a plus.
- Company-funded Health and Dental Insurance for employees and immediate family members.
- Life insurance.
- Monthly benefits of meal vouchers and Home Office assistance.
- 2,000 USD annual International Business Travel
- 2,000 USD annual Professional Development
- 500 USD annual Fitness benefit
- Phone finance 500 USD
- Home office equipment 250 USD
- Headset benefit 200 USD
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed