Commercial Director Mexico
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
As the Commercial Director in Mexico, you will lead PayJoy's Phone Financing business to success by driving sales strategy, partner engagement, and business growth. This role demands an individual with a proven track record of sales success, a deep understanding of the consumer lending landscape, the ability to foster cross-functional collaboration, and the skills to design regional strategies in close coordination with local teams in different states of Mexico.
At PayJoy, we don't just sell smartphones; we transform lives. Your impact goes beyond sales volumes; it empowers underserved individuals to step into a brighter financial future.
- Develop and execute comprehensive sales strategies that foster revenue growth.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a high-performing sales team to achieve personal and collective success.
- Build and cultivate strong partnerships with key stakeholders such as smartphone retailers and fintech partners.
- Identify, evaluate, and pursue new avenues for business development.
- Negotiate effectively to secure impactful deals aligned with company goals.
- Collaborate seamlessly with diverse departments including marketing, product development, risk, operations and finance to ensure alignment and cohesive execution.
- Analyze lending performance data, consumer behavior trends, and competitive insights to identify and deploy growth opportunities.
- Develop regional strategies in collaboration with local teams in different states of Mexico, tailoring approaches to specific market dynamics and needs.
- Report and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders, including PayJoy leadership and senior executives of large-sized accounts.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of proven experience in sales, business development, and team leadership.
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
- Exceptional negotiation acumen, coupled with a proven history of securing complex deals.
- Superior analytical and strategic thinking capabilities.
- Demonstrated aptitude in cultivating and nurturing strategic partner relationships.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication abilities.
- Resilient and adaptable in a dynamically evolving business ecosystem.
- Enthusiasm for developing and guiding teams toward exceptional performance.
- Background in consumer lending industry or TelCo industry.
- Familiarity with fintech trends and innovations is advantageous.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, unafraid of tackling novel challenges.
- MBA preferred.
- Company-funded Health and Dental Insurance for employees and immediate family members
- Life insurance
- 20 days of Christmas bonus
- 50% Vacation premium
- 13% Saving funds
- 2,000 MXN monthly grocery coupons
- 20 days paid Vacation
- 2,000 USD annual International Business Travel allowance
- 2,000 USD annual Professional Development allowance
- 500 USD annual Fitness allowance
- 500 USD Phone Finance allowance
- 250 USD Home Office equipment allowance
- 200 USD Headphone allowance
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed