Consolidation Senior Manager
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
We are excited to announce an exceptional opportunity for a seasoned finance professional to join our Finance team as a Consolidation Sr. Manager. This pivotal role will play a critical part in our global financial reporting and consolidation process. As Consolidation Sr. Manager, you will oversee the financial consolidation of operations across eight countries, ensuring adherence to US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (USGAAP) and providing expert guidance on accounting policies.
- Consolidation Oversight: Lead the end-to-end financial consolidation process, collaborating with finance teams from different countries to ensure accurate and timely consolidation of financial statements.
- USGAAP Expertise: Possess an in-depth understanding of USGAAP principles and regulations. Provide guidance and interpretations on complex accounting matters to ensure compliance across all consolidated entities.
- Accounting Policy Development: Develop and maintain consistent accounting policies across all entities, ensuring alignment with USGAAP and other relevant regulations. Implement changes as required and provide training to ensure understanding and adherence.
- Financial Reporting: Oversee the preparation of consolidated financial statements and related disclosures, adhering to reporting timelines and accuracy standards.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with various departments and regional finance teams to gather financial data, resolve accounting issues, and ensure alignment in reporting practices.
- Technical Guidance: Stay updated on changes in accounting standards, regulations, and industry best practices. Provide recommendations for updates to internal policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Internal Controls: Implement and monitor internal controls related to the consolidation process, identifying areas for improvement and mitigating risks.
- Audit Support: Serve as a key liaison with external auditors during the annual audit process. Coordinate audit requests, provide necessary documentation, and address auditor inquiries.
- Process Enhancement: Continuously review and improve consolidation procedures, identifying opportunities for automation and efficiency gains.
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor a team responsible for consolidation activities, fostering a collaborative and high-performing work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. CPA or equivalent professional certification preferred.
- Substantial experience of 5 years in financial consolidation, preferably in a multinational environment.
- Expert knowledge of USGAAP principles and their practical application in a global context.
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration.
- Proficiency in Netsuite and MS Office suite.
- Ability to manage complex projects, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Leadership experience, with a track record of developing and leading teams.
- Company-funded Health and Dental Insurance for employees and immediate family members
- Life insurance
- 20 days of Christmas bonus
- 50% Vacation premium
- 13% Saving funds
- 2,000 MXN monthly grocery coupons
- 20 days paid Vacation
- 2,000 USD annual International Business Travel allowance
- 2,000 USD annual Professional Development allowance
- 500 USD annual Fitness allowance
- 500 USD Phone Finance allowance
- 250 USD Home Office equipment allowance
- 200 USD Headphone allowance
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed