Senior DevOps Engineer
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
As a key member of the relatively small (8 person) ProdOps team, your primary focus will be on the iterative improvement of our EKS infrastructure and the related Software Development Lifecycle, and support of other areas of other teammates as needed. The ProdOps team covers many infrastructure related areas, including AWS Cloud-based infrastructure, EKS, ECS, CI/CD pipelines, SRE, Data Engineering, and Cloud Security. We have a focus on scale and a deeply defended belief in ownership.
- Manage and optimize AWS / EKS cloud infrastructure to ensure high availability and performance.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance CI/CD pipelines, with a focus on deploying Kubernetes best practices.
- Supervise local software development activities, ensuring adherence to best practices.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise.
- Implement best practices related to ISO 27.001 and other industry standards related to data security, privacy, and cloud security.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Multiple years of experience in a DevOps role in a highly regulated industry, such as finance or healthcare
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional Certificate required
- Proven experience in deploying Kubernetes best practices, certification a plus
- Experience managing and maintaining a multi-image Docker based system, certification a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively liaise with various team members and stakeholders.
- Company-funded Health and Dental Insurance for employees and immediate family members
- Life insurance
- Christmas bonus of 20 days
- Vacations 20 days
- Vacation premium 50%
- Saving funds 13%
- Grocery coupons 2,000 MXN monthly
- 2,000 USD annual International Business Travel
- 2,000 USD annual Professional Development
- 500 USD annual Fitness benefit
- Phone finance 500 USD
- Home office equipment 250 USD
- Headset benefit 200 USD
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed