Business Development Manager
Sales & Business Development
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Wednesday, August 2, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
PayJoy is looking for a Business Development Manager in Mexico that will be responsible for contributing to the company's growth by identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, fostering strategic partnerships, and expanding the company's presence. As our ideal candidate, you are a proven sales leader with a dynamic, ambitious, and proactive personality with a passion for business development and a deep understanding of Mexican fintech and retail market.
You are results-driven and thrive in a dynamic, high-change environment focused on expanding PayJoy's business across Mexico. Your leadership, strategic vision, and ability to build strong relationships will be instrumental in driving the company's success and growth in the region. Your key responsibility will be to generate new business opportunities in Mexico, starting from scratch and then actively selling and scaling with PayJoy. This will involve building and developing the necessary Business Development team, programs, and tools to engage, sign, and reach scale with every strategic partner.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to accelerate the company's growth in the financial sector across various regions in Mexico
- Utilize market analysis and customer insights to identify untapped market segments and customer needs, tailoring products and services accordingly
- You will be responsible of build and manage a high-performing team
- You will provide an executive presence to your team and your partners
- You will leverage your existing network to break into key strategic accounts
- You will work cross functionally to ensure your team and your partners have the tools necessary to be successful
- You will Identifying, improve and optimize business models and processes
- Minimum experience of 5+ years in any of the following areas: Business Development, Sales, Operations, Product
- Experience in Retail or Fintech industry (required)
- Experience in signing large corporate contracts with long sales cycles
- Experience with managing a team of direct reports to hit your monthly sales targets
- Strong analytical, organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Company-funded health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Monthly pantry vouchers
- Company holidays
- Christmas bonus of 20 days
- 20 vacation days
- Vacation bonus 50%
- Annual fitness benefit
- Annual professional development benefit
- Phone finance benefit
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed