Senior Financial Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
You will contribute to the mission of delivering consumer finance at scale. One of the many reasons PayJoy develops innovative products is because of the collaborative work of our teams that enable consumer finance in emerging markets. This person will help drive the growth of PayJoy’s innovative smartphone service in the San Francisco market.
You will build on the success of PayJoy’s phone financing business to meet ambitious growth goals. You will work with teams across the company as well as external partners to ensure a successful operation. You are dynamic, results-driven, and enjoy a high-change environment.
This is your opportunity to be the Sr. Financial Analyst for PayJoy. You will oversee the FP & A functions, budgeting & forecasting, reporting to senior leadership.
The successful candidate will understand the business and help set processes that will enable us to scale, anticipating issues and thinking ahead of what will be needed to support business growth.
- Support company-wide ad-hoc analysis including monthly budget vs. actuals, cash reconciliation
- Be the point of contact for the planning system from system maintenance to troubleshooting
- Prepare and present financial reporting to key business partners
- Work closely with Finance managers to support company-wide quarterly and annual budgeting
- Build and maintain economic models for new and existing products across countries
- Develop business cases and scenario analysis for strategic initiatives globally
- Assist Director of Finance and Finance Manager with daily functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics or related studies
- 1-3 years financial experience in FP&A
- Fluent in English
- Highly motivated, strong problem solver and critical thinker
- Understand GAAP and IFRS accounting principles
- Advanced knowledge of excel, Hyperion and other data analysis software
- Company-funded Health and Dental Insurance for employees and immediate family members
- Life insurance
- 20 days of Christmas bonus
- 50% Vacation premium
- 13% Saving funds
- 2,000 MXN monthly grocery coupons
- 20 days paid Vacation
- 2,000 USD annual International Business Travel allowance
- 2,000 USD annual Professional Development allowance
- 500 USD annual Fitness allowance
- 500 USD Phone Finance allowance
- 250 USD Home Office equipment allowance
- 200 USD Headphone allowance
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed