Director, Global Accounts Payable
Accounting & Finance
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020 and are growing 3x annually, reaching 4 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2022.
The Global Accounts Payable Director will have day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling the company’s cash payments to merchants, to vendors, and to employees. Reports to SVP of Finance. Will manage 3-4 outsourced staff today and build a global shared services center supporting businesses in 8+ countries.
Responsible for direct supervision of the procure to pay process. Primary responsibilities include building and managing the process to approve and onboard vendors, tracking and approving invoices, preparing and approving payments, managing our corporate expense and credit card programs, and accurately forecasting cash outflows.
The Global Accounts Payable Manager will create and implement policies, procedures, and internal controls to safeguard PayJoy’s cash and ensure fiduciary controls on corporate expenses.
- Build a Global Accounts Payable function - providing oversight with strategic direction, process improvements, operational reporting, audit reviews, and financial controls.
- Write processes, implement controls, and build audit/inspection mechanisms to ensure the controls are working
- Select, implement, and operate software and systems, for example a Purchase Order system
- Establish and maintain regular metrics reviews to drive efficiencies in cost, utilization and maintain compliance in all Accounts Payable related activities.
- Design and maintain AP processes that work internationally while accommodating the requirements of local markets, at scale.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 10+ years of Finance Operations or Accounts Payable experience, with at least 5 years in a leadership role, and specific experience in Mexico, Colombia, or Brazil preferred
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and regulations
- Experience managing vendor relationships and negotiating payment terms
- Proven ability to develop and implement process improvements to drive efficiency and accuracy
- Fluent in English
- MBA, Master's or professional qualifications such as Six Sigma certification and/or CPA.
- Experience working with AP systems in NetSuite or equivalent.
- Lending experience with large weekly cash disbursements
- Experience recruiting and developing a global team in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment.
- Company-funded health insurance for employee and immediate family
- Company holidays
- Christmas bonus 20 days
- Vacations 20 days
- Vacation bonus 50%
- Unlimited sick leave
- Annual fitness benefit ($500USD)
- Annual professional development benefit ($2,000USD)
- International travel benefit ($2,000USD)
- $2,000 MXN monthly pantry vouchers
- Phone finance benefit
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed
See more open positions at PayJoy
Something looks off?