São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020 and are growing 3x annually, reaching 4 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2022.
PayJoy is hiring a Risk Manager who will help scale PayJoy’s point of sale phone finance and cash portfolio. The right candidate will be ambitious, self-driven and data driven, as well as looking to have a big impact at a fast growing startup. The right candidate will also be deeply motivated by PayJoy’s mission to empower the next billion smartphone users. As Risk Manager, you will be responsible for one or more of PayJoy’s portfolios. You will be using PayJoy’s data warehouse to build analysis, policy recommendations, and dashboards that optimize risk outcomes across LATAM countries. You will be focused on defining actionable next steps that improve product profitability and risk KPIs, all while maintaining laser focus on PayJoy’s mission of bringing finance to the next billion. You will work directly with and provide data leadership for a broad set of teams including: Exec Team, Product, Engineering and Go to Market. You will also be in charge of the day to day operations of our Brazil Portfolio and the relationship with key stakeholders.
- Use SQL and R or Python to extract and manipulate data that underpins your recommendations (we are very data-driven).
- Make actionable recommendations about how to improve outcomes based on data analysis and a deep understanding of how our product works.
- Work closely with the Data Science team to implement ML and AI models that optimize portfolio outcomes.
- Define, implement and monitor A/B Tests with the product and marketing team that will improve our product and help us reach more customers.
- Write succinct and thoughtful documentation that explains your recommendations.
- Own risk KPIs for one or more portfolios.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or a similar field.
- 4+ years of experience in risk management functions in fintech or commercial banking.
- Strong general analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Mastery of SQL, proficiency in Python or R.
- Understanding of statistical tools and methods, and experience working with large data sets.
- Company-funded Health and Dental Insurance for employees and immediate family members.
- Life insurance.
- Monthly benefits of meal vouchers and Home Office assistance.
- Annual benefits of Fitness ($500.00), Professional Development ($2,000.00), and International Business Travel ($2,000.00).
- One-off benefits of phone finance (US$500), home office equipment (US$250), and headsets (US$200).
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed
See more open positions at PayJoy
Something looks off?