Director of Product Management
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2022
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
In this role, you will contribute to the mission of delivering consumer finance at scale by leading the product team that launches our Phone Finance products. Your role will be to build a strong team of Product Managers while making direct product contributions to help us succeed as we grow. This is a key part of PayJoy.
The Product Management team works closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design products our customers love. You'll work with teammates from Engineering, Sales, Data Science, User Experience, and External Partners, to name just a few. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at PayJoy speed. As a Product Manager, you will be a crucial part of defining PayJoy’s future.
- Understand the emerging markets' consumer finance landscape, products, and users in-depth
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy
- Manage product launches, working closely with PayJoy engineers, sales, and technical staff to develop and track release milestones and schedules for the many moving parts that need to come together
- Manage small, highly effective teams of product managers to successfully launch products
- Manage communication of progress/status within the company and external to the team (customers, partners, internal stakeholders); solve problems and escalate issues as necessary
- Assess the quality of releases through monitoring of incoming issues to identify quality and trends
- Ability to estimate product impact before and post-launch
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of experience as a Product Manager, launching external-facing products on modern, internet-based platforms (mobile, web, API, or chatbot)
- 5+ years of experience in launching products in one of the following: Point of Sale Software or Consumer Credit
- Track record of leading and growing teams (approximately 5-10) of product managers
- Demonstrable track record of successful, external-facing product launches
- Company-funded Health and Dental Insurance for employees and immediate family members
- Life insurance
- Christmas bonus of 20 days
- Vacations 20 days
- Vacation premium 50%
- Saving funds 13%
- Grocery coupons 2,000 MXN monthly
- 2,000 USD annual International Business Travel
- 2,000 USD annual Professional Development
- 500 USD annual Fitness benefit
- Phone finance 500 USD
- Home office equipment 250 USD
- Headset benefit 200 USD
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed