White Van Driver
Spokane, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
- Have at least five years of experience as a licensed driver of a passenger vehicle.
- Submit to a criminal record check according to chapter RCW which shows that no offenses have been committed which would be grounds for disqualification of an authorization as listed in WAC.
- Satisfactory completion of training course administered by an authorized school bus driver instructor.
- Meet all applicable continuing school bus driver requirements in WAC.
- Must be able to pass DOT physical and pre-employment drug test.
- Comply with all applicable federal and state regulations regarding the operation of various types of vehicles in transporting pupils to and from school, special events, field trips, etc.
- Conducts vehicle inspections as required by all applicable federal, state, local regulations and in accordance with Company procedures. Does not operate an unsafe vehicle and reports mechanical malfunctions to the appropriate Maintenance Shop personnel.
- Reports to duty on time and operates vehicles on an assigned route as directed.
- Maintains scheduled route to established time and mileage or notifies supervision of changes and/or delays.
- Maintains, reads and understands route sheets including time changes and provides on-time route performance in a safe and effective manner.
- Exercises student management through communication and discipline per Company policy and maintains control of student passengers at all times to ensure safe operation of vehicle.
- Records and reports discipline issues to school officials as instructed.
- When transporting special needs students, manage student care and behavior within guidelines established by individual school districts.
- Provides physical assistance to passengers during emergency vehicle evacuations.
- Reports all vehicle and passenger accidents/incidents in accordance with Company accident response procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of student medical and personal information.
- Reports all personal motor vehicle violations to the supervisor as required by DOT regulations.
- Keeps the interior of the assigned vehicle clean and presentable.
- Ensures the vehicle is properly fueled according to facility procedures.
- Completes all required paperwork (including route change sheets, time cards, vehicle repair requests) and submits to the appropriate authority in a timely manner.
- Prepares the vehicle for inclement weather conditions, including scraping or cleaning windows, applying tire chains.
- Safely and efficiently utilizes bus equipment, including wheelchair lifts, radios and emergency equipment.
- Presents a neat and professional appearance at all times.
- Maintains a cooperative attitude with fellow employees, supervisors, parents, and school personnel; always promoting company goodwill.
- Other duties as assigned.
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.