Product Operations Lead
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
The fundamental goal of the Product Operations team is to ensure our products are being built and rolled out the right way to move our operations and business forward. Product Operations works closely with cross-functional partners to surface needs, prioritize, test, implement, rollout, train and iterate on products. As the Product Operations Lead, you have the unique opportunity to build and lead the Product Operations function at Zūm from the ground up.
- Build and lead a world class Product Operations team by hiring, leading and establishing best in class scalable practices
- Establish strong partnership with cross-functional stakeholders to guarantee product launch readiness, including communications, and technical support during rollout
- Be the eyes and ears of the technology team on the ground by establishing a strong partnership with the Operations team including drivers
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for ongoing product rollouts
- Create training content and conduct product training for various user groups like drivers, dispatchers, school administrators, etc.
- Conduct data analysis and leverage user insights to inform product prioritization and roadmaps and evaluate system and operational performance
- Develop an end-to-end product rollout and communications/release plan including project managing implementation as well as track ongoing issues
- Track core business metrics related to the product
- Bachelor's degree or above with 5-7 years of experience in product operations, with the ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in building and leading Product Operations teams with a minimum of 3 years
- Demonstrated ability to bring key partners across functions together, foster collaboration and facilitate teamwork
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, capable of in-depth interpretation through data analysis and qualitative insights
- Strong project management along with time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to grasp the core context, identify key risks, and collaborate with all cross-functional stakeholders to achieve goals
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage internal and external customers or users, including in a training setting
- MBA or Computer Science-related technical background
- Program management experience supporting large cross-functional initiatives and rollouts
- Deep analytical experience with knowledge of SQL, Tableau and other analytical tools
- Experience in setting up scalable user training - content, videos, webinars, etc.
- Deep understanding of the user experience
- Ability to use data to inform and support critical decisions
- 3-5 years in modern transportation, logistics, last mile, food delivery technology and other related organizations
- Fluent speaking Spanish is a plus
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.