Customer Success Manager
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
The Customer Success Manager works as a part of Zūm’s Sales & Customer Success team, reporting to the Senior Director, Customer Success. The manager will build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with key and strategic clients with a focus on facilitating and ensuring customer satisfaction and advocacy. The Customer Success Manager will seamlessly operate multiple levels within a school district and community to gain an understanding of their unique needs and partner with them to achieve their transportation goals.
- Develop trusted relationships with decision makers at all levels of each assigned customer and serve as the lead point of contact.
- Work closely with new customers to ensure an excellent onboarding experience.
- Through research, understanding and analysis, develop and implement strategies for customer growth and retention.
- Responsible for proactive identification and communication of critical decision points, issues, and resolutions.
- Identify areas of risk, communicate with relevant teams & stakeholders for awareness, and drive mitigation plans.
- Monitor and analyze program performance metrics, providing regular reports and insights to internal stakeholders.
- Provide meaningful, regular reporting to key customer(s).
- Develop excellent internal relationships and work collaboratively across the organization to share customer feedback, recommendations and pain points.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team to create and update Customer Playbook, template and clearly define processes and the customer journey/experience.
- Develop a deep understanding of Zum services and what sets us apart from the competition.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Team player mindset
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal, and the ability to communicate with an executive audience
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to details
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across cross-functional teams and drive projects to completion
- Passionate about continuous improvement
- 8+ years proven experience in client success, account management, or a related field, with a focus on K-12 education/transportation
- BA/BS required
- Comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels of a school district and community
- Experience in planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a customer-centric mindset
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with technology and software
The targeted base salary range for this role is listed in the compensation section below. Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions. If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Holidays, Wellness, Vacation, and more. The targeted pay range for this role is $115k - $130k + Bonus
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.