San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
- Understand the concept of behavioral safety and effectively communicate and train within the ZUM Service Center
- Direct interface with the customer to enhance the safety experience and determine the appropriate course of action
- Lead, design, develop and implement initial and recurrent training programs for transportation personnel
- Manage and lead safety department staff by establishing objectives, standards, work schedules, and accountability for job performance
- Manage the recruitment process of ZUM Service Center personnel
- Coordinate all training activities
- Maintain compliance programs
- Develop and conduct regularly scheduled programs (e.g. driver safety meetings, award programs, etc.) emphasizing ZUM culture
- Primary point of contact in responding to personnel injury, vehicle accidents, preparation, and submission of reports in accordance with ZUM policy
- Assists the Human Resources department with recruiting, selecting and maintaining an authorized level of bus drivers
- Coordinates with the Human Resource department to ensure that drug testing requirements are conducted, coordinates bus driver annual physicals with approved health care providers
- Manages daily activity within the Safety Department, assigns workload to Field Supervisors and Driver Trainers
- Oversee training activities, including; new driver training, safety training, in-service training, driver road evaluations, Special Education Training, First Aid training and all other required training.
- Supervise, and oversee, the work of Master Trainers and certified drivers/trainers who assist with conducting general bus driver training, ensure the training is delivered as specified
- Assist with responding to accidents involving school buses, collecting accident reports and investigative reports as needed
- Monitor Netradyne alerts to proactively address re-training opportunities/needs
- Maintain individual bus driver files that indicate dates of training and dates of accident involvement when applicable.
- Ensure the DOT drug/alcohol testing program is compliant with federal regulations
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- 3 years as a Trainer in school bus transportation industry desired
- Supervisory experience preferred; specifically experience supervising/training a driver workforce
- License or Certification: SBDI certification required; Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger and School Bus Endorsements required;
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and transportation related software
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and group presentation skills
- Well-developed multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to provide direction, coaching and mentoring to employees while creating an environment that encourages and values input and feedback
- Ability to respond to unanticipated events to ensure excellence in customer service.
- Ability to Investigate claims and incidents of questionable conduct, accidents etc.
- Computer literacy skills in word processing and spreadsheets
The targeted base salary range for this role is listed in the compensation section below. Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions. If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Holidays, Wellness, Vacation, and more. The targeted pay range for this role in US CA: $120k
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.