School Operations Manager
Howard County, MD, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
Zūm is looking for an enthusiastic School Operations Manager to join our growing Operations team. This role will own all operational areas of the account. This starts from onboarding accounts after Sales handover. The SOM will responsible for overseeing all operations related to the account. This includes day-to-day tasks such as supporting daily client requests, evaluating routes to see where efficiencies can be improved, scheduling pickup/drop offs in the Zum Internal Dashboard, up to coordinating between different teams, including leadership to make sure all necessary information is accurate. The primary goal for this role is to find inefficiencies and work surgically with cross-teams such as Supply & Pricing, Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, and Yard Team to improve day-to-day protocols, operations, and technologies.
- As a School Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day relationship and serve as the main point of contact between schools/districts and Zum.
- Ensuring student data and campus schedules are accurate and up to date.
- On-boarding and maintaining school accounts, this includes monitoring and reporting KPIs weekly and quarterly
- Coordinate the flow of information between Sales, Supply, Engineering, and Customer Success team. You will be Zum's source of truth for your accounts.
- Manage Salesforce case queue to ensure any escalation and key requests that cannot be handled by our support staff is completed in a timely manner.
- Continue to identify areas of improvements, be that processes, safety protocols, dashboard/technology features, and big-picture operational planning for expansion.
- B2B Account Management and / or Customer Success experience required
- Google Suite, Excel and Sheets proficiency required
- Prior experience at managing / migrating large sets of data required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required
- Prior experience managing multi-million dollar account preferred
- 2-3 years working in a startup environment preferred
- Experience with Salesforce, Zendesk, or related ticketing systems preferred
- Ability to create reports and presentations from scratch preferred
- Comfortable working with incomplete data or uncertainties
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and pivot to a task on a moment's notice (we deal with student's safety, not holiday packets, our incidents need urgent attention)
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team, willing to do work beyond the scope above to get the job done, learn about the industry, and provide exceptional service to our schools, parents, and most importantly students
We're looking for someone ready to hit the ground running, someone who understands that in start-ups, some things are unknown. Some days you're doing work in the scope above, other days you can be helping another team because the project or short-term goals needs you. I'm looking for someone who's ready to learn and willing to do what it takes be the best at what they do in this industry.
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
See more open positions at Zum
Something looks off?