Senior Web Engineer
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
Zūm is the leader in student transportation and logistics. We are building the next generation of technology and services platforms to bring student transportation into a new age while enabling equity, innovation, efficiency, and sustainability. We are a well-funded Series D company, backed by top global VC firms. We are actively growing and scaling our product and engineering teams.
We are looking to add a stellar Senior Web Engineer to our Web Platform team. We have an array of solutions for our school districts, drivers, operations and support teams which are built on highly scalable and flexible web applications. These applications power many core scenarios like ride management, route planning and optimization, billing and invoicing, vehicle and logistic management and many more. If you are a self-driven developer who enjoys solving complex problems and building impactful solutions, you will love this job.
What to expect in this role:
●You will be the owner of one or more of our web apps
● You will work with product and design team to plan and deliver on new product features
● You will get to actively contribute towards establishing good engineering practices - write high-quality, maintainable, testable and scalable code, and perform code reviews
● You will develop applications to improve visibility and traceability across the system using tools like Datadog, Rollbar, Segment, etc.
Basic technical skills for this role:
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
● 5+ years industry experience as a Web Software Developer
● Hands-on architecture design and coding skills
● Experience in Angular, React or Ngrx and an expert in at least one of these frameworks
● Experience working on consumer-facing or enterprise products
Other skills required to succeed in this role:
● Strong experience as a tech lead and eagerness to establish good engineering practices
● Good planning, organization, and decision-making skills
● Good communication with engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders
● Good sense of humor with a great ability to work with others
The targeted base salary range for this role is listed in the compensation section below. Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions. If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Holidays, Wellness, Vacation, and more. The targeted pay range for this role in US CA is: $180-220k
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.