People & HR, Operations
Howard County, MD, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
We are looking for an onsite Operations/Driver Recruiter that will be able to facilitate full cycle recruiting for all positions within our school bus yards.
- Source and screen candidates for yard operation positions.
- Develop and facilitate ongoing Recruiting Orientations to ensure applicants understand the process and requirements of becoming a Professional School Bus Driver or Professional Non-CDL Driver.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a benchmark recruiting process.
- Screen applicants to ensure they meet minimum company and state qualifications and requirements.
- Assist in staffing to operational capacity and beyond to facilitate growth.
- Manage daily internal and external applicant flow or external applicants received.
- Evaluate applicants and drivers in training throughout the applicant and training process.
- Create an engaging and motivating environment for applicants and drivers in training.
- Partner with Safety/Training Managers to ensure an effective and timely training process for applicants once in the system.
- Create offer letters, manage pre-employment background checks to ensure applicants are moving through the process smoothly and update the Recruiting Pipeline Tracker to reflect real-time progress.
- Coordinate the pre-employment drug and background check process with our third party vendor(s).
- Report out progress at regular intervals to keep management informed through the process.
- Assist with recruiting and hiring events as needed and where needed by the company.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with local recruiting teams and train them to implement the on-ground orientations, recruiting & retention events, and assist as needed with operational staffing needs.
- 2+ years' recruiting experience
- HR experience a plus
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal relationships building required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a team-player
- Strong commitment to ethical practices to ensure compliance with all applicable policies, laws & regulations pertaining to handling sensitive matters confidentially
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to produce quality results with limited tools
- Organizational and planning skills; ability to multi-task; attention to detail; ability to produce quality results
- Ability to work remotely and also travel as needed anywhere in the country on short notice
- Able to work well and deliver results under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism and exercise discretion when working with sensitive information
- Familiarity with the Google Suite of applications
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.