Manager of FP&A
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Uplift’s mission is to help people get more out of life, one thoughtful purchase at a time. Our enterprise Buy Now, Pay Later solution is used by the world’s most loved brands including Southwest Airlines, Carnival Cruise Line, Universal Studios, and more. With flexible pay over time installments, we empower consumers to buy what matters most while unlocking higher conversions and customer lifetime value for our partners.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds of leading technology and financial brands. Our HQ is in Sunnyvale, California with offices in Toronto, Ontario, New York, Reno, Nevada, and Guadalajara, Mexico.
Working at Uplift allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
We are seeking an experienced and innovative Manager of FP&A to join our forward-thinking finance team. In this role, you will have the chance to leverage cutting-edge technology and analytics to drive the transformation of the finance function into a digital organization. Your responsibilities will include using advanced modeling and automation strategies to create scalability and real-time analytics that enable effective business decisions and advisory.
What you will do and Achieve
- Partner and collaborate with the senior management team and business owners across the company, providing informed insights through analysis to help drive meaningful business decisions
- Initiate and drive the development of a finance business intelligence function that integrates both business and financial data to create sophisticated financial models to inform decision making
- Create strategic business models to guide Uplift’s investment decisions
- Construct mid-term and long-term financial plans, making modifications to projections and budgets as needed
- Work with business partners and cross-functional teams in support of company initiatives
- Utilize decision-making skills to support successful business analysis
Who you are
- A Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of experience in finance, accounting, capital/risk operations, or a related field are required. Loan/financing industry experience is considered an asset.
- A strong analytical toolkit that makes use of business intelligence, financial modeling, and reporting software
- Capability to multitask and adapt to a constantly changing, quick environment.
- Outstanding communication skills and relationship-building abilities
- Capability to lead projects throughout an organization
- Experience working with/and managing Senior level stakeholders
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Excel and Google Sheets (advanced); prior experience with NetSuite, and Snowflake is considered an asset
Life at Uplift
- Health Insurance and RRSP plan: some plans cover 99-100% premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance and a RRSP
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible, remote-first work culture. Uplift fosters a culture where employees can achieve both their professional and personal goals. This balance is especially true for our working parents
- Shared Success: competitive salary and Pre-IPO stock options
- Health and Wellness Perks: Uplift is proud to reimburse our employees for exercise, wellness products and activities as well as free counseling and coaching for physical, mental and emotional support
- Professional Development: We are committed to the growth and development of all of our employees. Uplift invests in professional conferences, certifications, and training for employees who want to grow in their careers
- Pick-A-Perk: money that can go towards something of your choosing within tuition reimbursement, student loan payment reimbursement, vacation savings account, charitable donations, or home office expenses
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience BNPL as we are — and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Uplift is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Uplift
Something looks off?