Software Engineering, Data Science
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Uplift’s mission is to help people get more out of life, one thoughtful purchase at a time. Our enterprise Buy Now, Pay Later solution is used by the world’s most loved brands including Southwest Airlines, Carnival Cruise Line, Universal Studios, and more. With flexible pay over time installments, we empower consumers to buy what matters most while unlocking higher conversions and customer lifetime value for our partners.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds of leading technology and financial brands. Our HQ is in Sunnyvale, California with offices in Toronto, Ontario, New York, Reno, Nevada, and Guadalajara, Mexico.
Working at Uplift allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Uplift is seeking a Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. You will be responsible for constructing a new data lake on Databricks and optimizing existing data use cases, from Business Intelligence to Machine Learning operations. As a member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies like Spark, Delta Lake, and ML flow. We invite you to come help us build an outstanding data platform for all of our business needs.
What you will do and achieve
- Design, build, and maintain the ETL using AWS and Databricks
- Develop and maintain near real-time data pipelines
- Build Python libraries, tools, serverless applications and workflows
- Creates applications using test-driven development and agile methodologies
- Internal process improvements such as automating manual processes, building alerting/monitoring bots
- Support daily operations of troubleshooting of Databricks and Snowflake jobs
- Collaborate closely with product and business teams to influence technological decision-making and to support reporting needs
- Work with analysts and data scientists to extract actionable insights from data that shape the direction of the company
- Actively engage in design and code reviews - learn from your peers and teach your peers
Who you are
- 3 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 2 years and a Master’s degree
- Experience with Big Data, ETL, and data modeling
- Solid coder with Python
- Strong SQL knowledge and experience working with a variety of databases
- Experience with modern cloud data warehouses (preferably Databricks or Snowflake)
- Knowledge of Linux, AWS, and Docker
- Experience in developing and operating high-volume, high-available and scalable environments
- Working knowledge of API and stream based data extraction processes
- Ability to align with rapid business changes: new requirements, evolving goals and strategies and technological advancements
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in startup culture
Life at Uplift
- Health Insurance and 401k plan: some plans cover 99-100% premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance and a 401k plan
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible, remote-first work culture. Uplift fosters a culture where employees can achieve both their professional and personal goals. This balance is especially true for our working parents
- Shared Success: competitive salary and Pre-IPO stock options
- Health and Wellness Perks: Uplift is proud to reimburse our employees for exercise, wellness products and activities as well as free counseling and coaching for physical, mental and emotional support
- Professional Development: We are committed to the growth and development of all of our employees. Uplift invests in professional conferences, certifications, and training for employees who want to grow in their careers
- Pick-A-Perk: money that can go towards something of your choosing within tuition reimbursement, student loan payment reimbursement, vacation savings account, charitable donations, or home office expenses
At Uplift, in accordance with the U.S pay transparency laws across various states, we provide the minimum and maximum pay range for each of our levels. This reflects the minimum and maximum ranges for new hire salaries. There are two ranges that reflect positions across all US locations. The first range includes: New York and California whereas the second range includes all other US states. Within each range, there are several different factors that are considered when determining compensation including but not limited to the candidate's location, title, years of experience, job related skills and relevant education. In addition to the base salary, we offer competitive benefits including medical, dental and vision and pre-ipo stock options.
$120k to $168k
$104k to $145k
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience BNPL as we are — and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Uplift is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Uplift
Something looks off?