Nestled in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains, just south of Silicon Valley is where we started. Then stepped into unique and historic Guadalajara, the Mexican Silicon Valley; and Salt Lake City, with the dramatic backdrops of the mountains of Utah. With brand new offices in strategic South San Francisco & twin cities' leading tech hub Minneapolis, Paystand's momentum has been recognized with its third-year in a row inclusion on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies & the recent acquisition of Yaydoo.
Our mission is to unlock capital efficiency for enterprise businesses through our transformative “Payments as a Service” platform. Our smart billing and payment network uses revolutionary internet, blockchain, and FinTech services to digitize receivables, automate processing, reduce time-to-cash, lower transaction costs, and produce new revenue for our clients. Paystand is venture-backed, having been consistently recognized as one of the top innovators in FinTech, and fastest growing companies in the world.
Traditional Pre-Sales Engineers have an aptitude for connecting technical products and services to sales prospect’s requirements while presenting them in a manner that showcases the value (and return on value) of implementing with and subscribing to Paystand. This role often communicates with accountants and controllers, executives and decision makers, and engineers and software administrators. This role also relies heavily on one’s ability to discover and learn, through conversation, a prospect’s business operations, and needs.
The Pre Sales Engineer role owns understanding how Paystand solutions address the use-cases and daily activities of the controllers, bookkeepers, and CFOs of our prospective clients. To do this, a Pre Sales Engineer must excel at conversation and discovery of a client’s needs, activities, and use cases, and aligning Paystand products, features, and solutions to address those needs and enhance those activities. Additionally, a Pre Sales Engineer must know how Paystand dovetails with back office systems and provide technical confidence. This is not a sales role but instead will be perceived as an objective advisor looking out for the best results for Paystand and the prospective clients.
This role requires experience in working with discovery of the operational and technical needs of a prospective client, aligning features and solutions to address their needs, and with presenting to a variety of audiences. Individuals with experience with projects that deal with Financial processes, Accounting, FP&A, Fintech, and ERP implementations would be preferred. The person should be comfortable presenting to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to interact with individuals and address their issues is also required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Background in either Sales or Solutioning.
- Presenting technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent fluency in English.
Skills Strongly Encouraged
- Familiarity with Accounting (corporate and SMB), FP&A.
- Experience in Sales (presentations, value-based selling, discovery).
Skills Nice to Have
- ERPs and Bookkeeping software.
- Fintech, including digital banking and blockchain.
- Product marketing, advertising.
Are you a fit?
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Aptitude in both Sales and Technical Project Management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Desire to help companies implement solutions for better payments.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Attention to detail and outstanding communication skills.
- Willing to work from our Guadalajara office.
- Interest in the world of fintech, startups, cryptocurrencies and distributed ledgers.
- experience successfully selling to mid-to large customers.
- 5+ years' experience in Pre-Sales and similar roles.
- Developing and conducting presentations in support of Paystand.
- Working alongside and with product and engineering managers at Paystand to develop future offerings for customers.
- Salary + competitive equity in a high-growth-stage startup.
- Generous PTO (vacations) & sick days.
- Flexible in-office work model.
- Free snacks & paid lunch in the office.
- Mayor Medical Health Insurance.
- Food Vouchers.
- Stock Options.
- Your own equipment & tools.
- Opportunity for advancement & growth in a rapidly expanding team.
- Smart, high-achievers, motivated team that likes to have fun.
- Mission-driven culture, where your work matters.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem-solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Availability - Bay area/Scotts Valley, CA. Salt Lake City area, UT. Minneapolis, MN. Austin, TX. Guadalajara area, MX. Hermosillo, MX.
This is NOT a remote position. All roles are on-site only. Only English resumes will be considered.
***No external recruiters please***
Something looks off?