Global Payroll Accountant
Nestled in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains, just south of Silicon Valley is where we started. Then stepped into unique and historic Guadalajara, the Mexican Silicon Valley; and Salt Lake City, with the dramatic backdrops of the mountains of Utah. With brand new offices in strategic South San Francisco & twin cities' leading tech hub Minneapolis, Paystand's momentum has been recognized with its third-year in-row inclusion on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies & the recent acquisition of Yaydoo.
Our mission is to unlock capital efficiency for enterprise businesses through our transformative “Payments as a Service” platform. Our smart billing and payment network uses revolutionary internet, blockchain, and FinTech services to digitize receivables, automate processing, reduce time-to-cash, lower transaction costs, and produce new revenue for our clients. Paystand is venture-backed, having been consistently recognized as one of the top innovators in FinTech, and fastest fastest-growing companies in the world.
Role at a Glance
The payroll accountant will be responsible for developing an accurate and timely payroll process in Mexico and the USA and doing the accounting of the payroll, benefits, bonuses, commissions, and company stocks.
Role and responsibilities
- Ensure and coordinate biweekly payroll processes in Mexico and the USA in a correct and timely manner.
- Review payroll calculations and payroll tax calculations like Social Security Withholdings (IMSS), Income Tax Withholding (ISPT), and any other withholding.
- Clarify any question that an employee has related to payroll.
- Manage all registration reports before Social Security (IMSS) like new employees, terminations, changes on salaries, etc.
- Review monthly calculations for Local Payroll Tax (ISN), Social Security (IMSS), Housing Tax(INFONAVIT), 401K Tax (SAR), etc.
- Control of incident reports to be able to prepare a correct payroll calculation.
- Review Christmas bonus and profit-sharing calculations.
- Review severance payments and proportional parts calculations.
- Manage savings funds plan by the employee.
- Control company stock plan by employee.
- Help as needed on benefits the company grants like health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, food coupons, etc.
- Responsible for the accounting of all records related to payroll, commissions, bonuses, benefits, and accruals at the end of the month and end of the year into the company’s ERP system.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review the calculation of annual Income Tax Withholding (ISPT) and Social Security risk declaration.
- Help prepare working papers during financial audits and obey all tax duties.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Problem solving.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Organizing and prioritizing.
- Analyzing information.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Requirements and qualifications
- LCP and LAE.
- Expert on accounting, payroll, and tax calculations.
- Knowledgeable in Labor Law (LFT), Social Security Law (LSS), Housing Tax Law (INFONAVIT), and income Tax Law (LISR).
- Efficient on SUA, IDSE, Bamboo, Nomipaq, and any other payroll ERP system.
- 3-5 years of experience working as an accountant.
- 3-5 years doing payroll and tax calculations.
- Advanced English skills.
- Salary + competitive equity in a high-growth-stage startup.
- Generous PTO (vacations) and sick days.
- Flexible in-office work model.
- Free snacks and paid lunch in the office.
- Major Medical Health Insurance.
- Food Vouchers.
- Stock Options.
- Your equipment and tools.
- Opportunity for advancement and growth in a rapidly expanding team.
- Mentorship, learning, and education programs.
- Smart, high-achieving, motivated team that likes to have fun.
- Mission-driven culture, where your work matters.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem-solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We look forward to hearing from you.
This is NOT a remote position. All roles are on-site only. Only English resumes will be considered.
***No external recruiters please***