Nestled in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains, just south of Silicon Valley is where we started. Then stepped into unique and historic Guadalajara, the Mexican Silicon Valley; and Salt Lake City, with the dramatic backdrops of the mountains of Utah. With brand new offices in strategic South San Francisco & twin cities' leading tech hub Minneapolis, Paystand's momentum has been recognized with its third-year in-row inclusion on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies & the recent acquisition of Yaydoo.
Our mission is to unlock capital efficiency for enterprise businesses through our transformative “Payments as a Service” platform. Our smart billing and payment network uses revolutionary internet, blockchain, and FinTech services to digitize receivables, automate processing, reduce time-to-cash, lower transaction costs, and produce new revenue for our clients. Paystand is venture-backed, having been consistently recognized as one of the top innovators in FinTech, and fastest fastest-growing companies in the world.
Role at a Glance
At Paystand, we're seeking a talented Full-Stack Engineer to play a key role in architecting and implementing user-facing components of our cutting-edge Systems. As a member of our dynamic team, you'll collaborate closely with product owners, designers, and fellow engineers to craft web applications that redefine user interactions.
- Architecture and implementation of user-facing parts of Paystand’s systems.
- Build reusable libraries and frameworks that support complex web applications.
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, other engineers, and customer success to build the best user experience.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years building web, mobile-web, or hybrid mobile applications, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Technical Skills:
- Strong Computer Science and Software Engineering background.
- Proficiency in building highly scalable RESTful web services and APIs.
- Expertise in Node.js & Express.js.
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks such as Angular.js (1-4), React, Vue.js, etc.
- Experience with preprocessor stylesheet languages like Sass & Less.
- Soft Skills:
- Can-do attitude with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
- Bonus Skills:
- Knowledge of other web libraries and frameworks (e.g., Polymer, React, etc.).
- Understanding of front-end performance optimization strategies (e.g., Caching, CDNs, concatenation, minification, sprites, SVGs, fonts, etc.).
- Proficiency in event-driven service architectures.
- Experience with message queueing technologies (e.g., RabbitMQ, SQS, Kafka).
- Familiarity with front-end build environments (e.g., Grunt, Gulp, etc.).
- Knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming paradigms.
- Active interest in Bitcoin, Ethereum, or other digital currencies & blockchain.
- Ownership of one or more digital currencies.
- Familiarity with the workings of one or more cryptocurrencies.
- Experience with smart contract programming.
- Deployment of one or more Bitcoin, Ethereum, or other crypto network nodes.
- Salary + competitive equity in a high-growth-stage startup.
- Generous PTO (vacations) and sick days.
- Flexible in-office work model.
- Free snacks and paid lunch in the office.
- Major Medical Health Insurance.
- Food Vouchers.
- Stock Options.
- Your equipment and tools.
- Opportunity for advancement and growth in a rapidly expanding team.
- Mentorship, learning, and education programs.
- A smart, high-achieving, motivated team that likes to have fun.
- Mission-driven culture, where your work matters.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem-solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We look forward to hearing from you.
This is NOT a remote position. All roles are on-site only. Only English resumes will be considered.
***No external recruiters please***