Risk and Compliance Specialist
Nestled in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains, just south of Silicon Valley is where we started. Then stepped into unique and historic Guadalajara, the Mexican Silicon Valley; and Salt Lake City, with the dramatic backdrops of the mountains of Utah. With brand new offices in strategic South San Francisco & twin cities' leading tech hub Minneapolis, Paystand's momentum has been recognized with its third-year in-row inclusion on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies & the recent acquisition of Yaydoo.
Our mission is to unlock capital efficiency for enterprise businesses through our transformative “Payments as a Service” platform. Our smart billing and payment network uses revolutionary internet, blockchain, and FinTech services to digitize receivables, automate processing, reduce time-to-cash, lower transaction costs, and produce new revenue for our clients. Paystand is venture-backed, having been consistently recognized as one of the top innovators in FinTech, and fastest fastest-growing companies in the world.
Role at a Glance
As a Risk and Compliance Specialist, you will play a key role in ensuring that Paystand's business dealings are ethically sound and in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and standards. You will oversee various financial processes, maintain relationships with external auditors, support merchant services, and ensure adherence to IT and data privacy controls.
- Processing and Risk Oversight:
- Oversee AML Monitoring and Card Processing.
- Execute strategy for audits, compliance checks, and assessments.
- Collaborate across disciplines and departments for effective risk management.
- Design and implement security, privacy, and AML controls.
- Perform security and compliance assessments.
- Manage workload effectively, set goals, and meet deadlines.
- Provide consistent support to merchants and banking partners.
- Support and review the companies’ tech stack for compliance checks.
- Ensure adherence to PCI DSS, SOC protocols, Privacy regulations, and more.
- Experience: At least 4-5 years of experience in IT Security Governance, Risk, and/or Compliance. Prior experience in a publicly traded IT organization is preferred.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills.
- Risk Quantification: Ability to quantify risk and translate risks into business terms.
- Infrastructure Security: Familiarity with securing various infrastructure technologies.
- Industry Standards: Knowledge of IT General Control, Data Privacy, ISO27001, NIST, ACAMS, SOC, SAS70, PCI Frameworks (certification preferable).
- Project Management Skills: Strong organizational, prioritization, and multitasking abilities.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, IT, or related fields.
- Salary + competitive equity in a high-growth-stage startup.
- Generous PTO (vacations) and sick days.
- Flexible in-office work model.
- Free snacks and paid lunch in the office.
- Major Medical Health Insurance.
- Food Vouchers.
- Stock Options.
- Your own equipment and tools.
- Opportunity for advancement and growth in a rapidly expanding team.
- Mentorship, learning and education programs.
- Smart, high-achievers, motivated team that likes to have fun.
- Mission-driven culture, where your work matters.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem-solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We look forward to hearing from you.
This is NOT a remote position. All roles are on-site only. Only English resumes will be considered.
***No external recruiters please***