Nestled in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains, just south of Silicon Valley is where we started. Then stepped into unique and historic Guadalajara, the Mexican Silicon Valley; and Salt Lake City, with the dramatic backdrops of the mountains of Utah. With brand new offices in strategic South San Francisco & twin cities' leading tech hub Minneapolis, Paystand's momentum has been recognized with its third-year in a row inclusion on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies & the recent acquisition of Yaydoo.
Our mission is to unlock capital efficiency for enterprise businesses through our transformative “Payments as a Service” platform. Our smart billing and payment network uses revolutionary internet, blockchain, and FinTech services to digitize receivables, automate processing, reduce time-to-cash, lower transaction costs, and produce new revenue for our clients. Paystand is venture-backed, having been consistently recognized as one of the top innovators in FinTech, and fastest growing companies in the world.
Role at glance
Traditional Pre-Sales Engineers have an aptitude for connecting technical products and services to sales prospects’ requirements while presenting them in a manner that showcases the value (and return on value) of partnering with Paystand. This role often communicates with accountants and controllers; executives and decision-makers; and engineers and software administrators. This role also relies heavily on one’s ability to discover and learn, through conversation, a prospect’s business operations and needs.
The Consulting Engineer role expands upon the ability to represent the value proposition above and works closely with third parties (ERP providers or VARs) helping companies that install back office systems for their clients. The goal is to provide the VARs with confidence that Paystand will address the business issues of their clients and will work smoothly with the solution environment they have helped create. To do this, the Consulting Engineer must understand how Paystand solutions dovetail with back-office systems and provide technical reassurance. This is not a sales role but instead will be perceived as an objective advisor looking out for the best results for Paystand, VARs, and the clients.
This role requires experience in working on third-party projects when solutions are conceived and the best solutions are selected and implemented. 3rd party experience with VARs would be extremely useful. Individuals with experience with projects that deal with Financial processes, Accounting, Fintech, and ERP implementations would be preferred. The person should be comfortable presenting to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences. Also, possessing the ability to interact with individuals and address their issues is also required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Background in either Sales or Solutioning.
- Presenting technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
Skills Strongly Encouraged
- Familiarity with Accounting (corporate and SMB), FP&A.
- Experience in Sales (presentations, value-based selling, discovery).
Skills Nice to Have
- ERPs and Bookkeeping software.
- Fintech, including digital banking and blockchain.
- Product marketing, advertising.
Are you a fit?
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Aptitude in both Sales and Technical Project Management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Desire to help companies implement solutions for better payments.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Attention to detail and outstanding communication skills.
- Interest in the world of fintech, startup experience successfully selling to the mid- to large customers.
- 6+ years' experience in Pre-sales and similar roles.
- Developing and conducting presentations in support of Paystand.
- Working alongside and with product and engineering managers at Paystand to develop future offerings for customers.
- Salary + competitive equity in a high-growth-stage startup.
- Flexible in-office work model.
- Stock Options.
- Flexible and Generous PTO (vacations).
- Monthly Medical Stipend.
- Free snacks & paid meals.
- Your own equipment & tools.
- Mentorship, learning & education programs.
- Smart, motivated team that likes to have fun.
- Mission-driven culture, where your work matters.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem-solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We look forward to hearing from you.
This is NOT a remote position. All roles are on-site only. Only English resumes will be considered.
***No external recruiters please***