Nestled in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains, just south of Silicon Valley is where we started. Then stepped into unique and historic Guadalajara, the Mexican Silicon Valley; and Salt Lake City, with the dramatic backdrops of the mountains of Utah. With brand new offices in strategic South San Francisco & twin cities' leading tech hub Minneapolis, Paystand's momentum has been recognized with its third-year in a row inclusion on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies & the recent acquisition of Yaydoo.
Our mission is to unlock capital efficiency for enterprise businesses through our transformative “Payments as a Service” platform. Our smart billing and payment network uses revolutionary internet, blockchain, and FinTech services to digitize receivables, automate processing, reduce time-to-cash, lower transaction costs, and produce new revenue for our clients. Paystand is venture-backed, having been consistently recognized as one of the top innovators in FinTech, and fastest growing companies in the world.
Reporting to the Head of Accounting (Global Corporate Controller), Regional Controller, Mexico will be responsible for ensuring that the ledger data is accurate and precise for Paystand’s Mexican operations and the two operational businesses.
Ideally, you should be working in collaboration with the various departments for accounting/finance data. In addition to this, you should possess excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Preparing and managing general ledger entries.
- Entering financial data in deferrals, accruals, and reclassifications.
- Supporting budgeting and forecasting activities and work closely with FP&A to ensure the accuracy of our financial results and projections.
- Recording monthly and annual processes.
- Suggesting and implementing process improvements.
- Posting journal entries in the accounting system.
- Tracking fixed asset ledger.
- Preparing balance sheet and profit and loss statement.
- Consolidation, inter-company transactions and reconciliations including foreign currency accounting.
- Assist with the preparation of other reports provided to management.
- Assist with year-end audits.
- Assist with preparation of month-end financial statements, cash flow statements, budgets.
- Assist with quarterly and annual tax filings.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as required.
- Collaborating with various departments such as Sales, Legal and other departments.
- Reporting any fluctuations and variances.
- Assisting the team with accounting issues and queries.
- Working in compliance with government regulations.
- Adhering to accounting standards and regulations.
- Staying updated with the best practices in accounting.
- Bi-lingual (English & Spanish), Advanced English skills.
- 7-10 years of experience working as a GL Accountant, or a similar role.
- Outstanding knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to solve complex accounting problems and errors.
- Proficiency in Oracle NetSuite.
- Working knowledge of G-suite Tools.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Salary + competitive equity in a high-growth-stage startup.
- Generous PTO (vacations) & sick days.
- Flexible in-office work model.
- Free snacks & paid lunch in the office.
- Mayor Medical Health Insurance.
- Food Vouchers.
- Stock Options.
- Your own equipment & tools.
- Opportunity for advancement & growth in a rapidly expanding team.
- Smart, high-achievers, motivated team that likes to have fun.
- Mission-driven culture, where your work matters.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem-solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Availability - Bay area/Scotts Valley, CA. Salt Lake City area, UT. Minneapolis, MN. Austin, TX. Guadalajara area, MX. Hermosillo, MX.
This is NOT a remote position. All roles are on-site only. Only English resumes will be considered.
***No external recruiters please***
Something looks off?