Naya is a collaboration platform built for those involved in industrial/product/and thingamajig design. Founded in 2019 out of Harvard’s Design School, users include an array of creative teams launching kick-starter campaigns or new brands, enterprise product and R&D teams (like Google and MillerKnoll), and design consultancies. Through the Naya platform teams are able to more seamlessly collaborate on the design and fabrication of their product ideas. Key features include 3D collaboration, file organisation, workflow management, and connecting with new designers and fabricators.
Naya's core vision is to make the product design process much easier and enable access for many more unique physical product ideas to get realized - including everything from spatulas to medical devices - and especially for communities that are overlooked by designers and companies. The product enables creators to more effectively co:design and build products together not only with their teams but also with their target users. Using both AI and human-centred design, the platform helps teams bring more diverse, creative, and empowering ideas to fruition.The Role
We are looking for a rock star engineering lead who has the ability to architect and build performant and robust software platforms. If you believe you match the profile of our ideal candidate below please reach out to email@example.com or apply on LinkedIn ASAP.Who you are
- Performance First. Should have a proven track record of releasing solid, robust, and performant products, and should have stood out in their previous company/startup in leading the thinking around performance and usability.
- Thought Leader. You should be able to demonstrate your technical writing skills, either through whitepapers/technical papers/articles or contributing to open source projects.
- Quality over Quantity. Values testing, quality of code and codebase, and impeccable and robust releases.
- Community. Has a well-established network of advisors and is an active member of tech communities.
- Strategic. Strong strategic thinking skills and has a keen ability to see into the future to predict market and technology trends, keeping our company at the forefront of the industry.
- Startup Lover. Loves the idea of 0-1, working in small teams with a purpose, wear multiple hats, and can push when needed to get the job done.
- Hands Dirty. Will get their hands dirty when necessary but prefers to train and mentor team members first.
- Think before Code. Prioritises creating a solid design before diving into writing code.
- Empathy. Passionate about developing and mentoring your team and colleagues to help them reach their full potential.
- Lifelong Learner. Committed to continuous learning and passionate about learning new architectures and technologies, regularly attending conferences and talks to keep up with the latest industry developments.
- Boundary Pusher. Naturally curious and self-motivated, should have a genuine passion for technology and the desire to push the boundaries of what's possible.
- Built at Different Scales. Has experience building using different stacks (web, desktop, iOS, android) and/or different hardware (microchip, mobile). Bonus if you have experience building enterprise SaaS.
- DevOps and Infrastructure Management. Experience with infrastructure management, deployment automation, and monitoring tools.
- Security and Compliance. Aware of the security risks and compliance requirements, should be able to design and implement secure software systems and ensure that the team follows best practices for data privacy and security.
- Frontend. ElectronJS, Typescript, ReactJS, HTMLCanvas/WebGL
- Backend. NodeJS, Python, Rust, SocketIO/WebSockets,
- Testing and Monitoring. Playwright, Cucumber, Postman, Datadog, Pendo, Segment, Mixpanel
- Database. MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Infrastructure. Terraform, Github Actions, CloudBuild, CloudRun, Kubernetes, Serverless, CI/CD
Remote. Naya is a remote-first company. Our founders are in Boston, however our team spans several countries and time zones.
Experience. At least 4 years in software development, with an additional 2-3 years experience in architecting software and/or leading a team.
Contact. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested, with your resume, portfolio and a short description for why you think this could be a great fit.