Our imagination is fueled by a vision of enabling developers to build apps and APIs without any limitations of time, space and cloud architectures. A world where ideas can be expressed instantly on a smart and reliable edge cloud platform that does all the heavy lifting of delivering their apps and data across the cloud and edge anywhere in the world.
Our mission is to make every developer a hero by making globally distributed application development and deployment simple and instant. This for us means taking responsibility for the entire experience of building and running cloud and edge apps. To do this we must provide the most powerful globally distributed stateful edge runtime, deep capillary networks, and a developer experience second to none.
Macrometa's culture is built on mutual respect and honest interactions. We value humble people who are curious to learn from and help each other. We prioritize our people first, customers second, and everything else third.
Are you excited to work with a talented & experienced team on groundbreaking new ideas in building a planetary scale, distributed, decentralized, real-time data platform?
Are you interested in delivering cutting-edge geo-distributed cloud infrastructure software, maintaining it, securing it and scaling it to meet users' needs while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance? If yes - we may have your dream job at Macrometa.
What You Will Do:
- Work on our next generation low-latency massively scalable, geo-distributed real-time data platform. Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including system testing and performance assessment. Focus on delivering the highest levels of robustness, performance, modularity, and simplicity in a distributed, multi-threaded environment.
- Work with engineering leadership to ensure the design and development are on track and meet our product goals and quality metrics.
- Create clear and concise documentation for all the work performed, including architecture and design documents, code comments, technical notes, internal application notes, bug xes, root cause analysis, etc.
- Work with the automation team and help with issue triage and resolution as needed during
Who You Are:
- A person with strong computer science fundamentals, including data structures, distributed algorithms, and software design (formal degrees are not necessary).
- Strong background developing core database or real time systems software with expertise in at least one of these areas: SQL compilation, parallel execution, query optimization, distributed transactions, data access methods, recovery and high availability, cache hierarchies.
- Strong Experience developing concurrent server software with modern C++.
- Experience working on parallel and distributed algorithms to scale systems.
- Experience programming, debugging and investigating performance issues.
- A desire to build the best software possible given real-world constraints.
- Excellent technical communication skills, both written and in-person.
Note to recruitment agencies: Macrometa will not accept unsolicited resumes/CV's and will not pay fees of any kind for unsolicited resumes/CV's sent to us by third parties.