Sr. Automation Engineer
Our imagination is fueled by a vision of enabling developers to build apps and APIs without any limitations of time, space and cloud architectures. A world where ideas can be expressed instantly on a smart and reliable edge cloud platform that does all the heavy lifting of delivering their apps and data across the cloud and edge anywhere in the world.
Our mission is to make every developer a hero by making globally distributed application development and deployment simple and instant. This for us means taking responsibility for the entire experience of building and running cloud and edge apps. To do this we must provide the most powerful globally distributed stateful edge runtime, deep capillary networks, and a developer experience second to none.
Macrometa's culture is built on mutual respect and honest interactions. We value humble people who are curious to learn from and help each other. We prioritize our people first, customers second, and everything else third.
We are seeking an experienced DevOps/Automation Engineer to build in-house automation tooling, including CI/CD pipelines for build/release automation, manage and run manage and run our geo-distributed data platform running in AWS, GCP, Linode, and On-Premise.The engineer will be responsible for maintaining current automation infrastructure, gathering requirements from other teams, and implementing automation tools, pipelines and workflows for deploying, managing and troubleshooting production and development environments.
What You Will Do:
- Manage and maintain current automation framework for build/release automation, product infrastructure provisioning and deployment automation
- Implement automation tooling for system provisioning, product deployment, monitoring, scaling framework and IT infrastructure
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools, Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Assist SRE/SecOps/QA/Customer support teams to manage and run highly available and scalable geo-distributed data platforms running in multiple cloud providers, including AWS, GCP, Linode, and On-Premise, and supporting a high volume of traffic.
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation; Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project; Troubleshooting techniques and fixing the code bugs
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in designing and managing large-scale, geo-distributed systems, with expertise in cloud computing, networking, and security.
- Experience managing and running production systems in AWS, GCP, Linode, and On-Premise.
- Experience with object-oriented design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Solid Linux (ubuntu preferred) experience
- Experience in automating operations tasks and deploying applications using continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
- Having experience in the following technologies are a plus
- Python or shell scripting
- Argo workflow engine and ArgoCD
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze incidents and identify root causes.
- Passion for learning and staying up-to-date with emerging technologies and best practices.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Note to recruitment agencies: Macrometa will not accept unsolicited resumes/CV's and will not pay fees of any kind for unsolicited resumes/CV's sent to us by third parties.