Manufacturing and QA Team Lead - Finland
Position: Manufacturing and QA Team Lead
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international Aerospace company with employees from over 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. As advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity and know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
ICEYE is looking for a Manufacturing and QA Team Lead. In line with our company's expansion efforts, we are enhancing our Manufacturing and Quality Assurance capabilities in Engineering. We are searching for a dynamic and experienced Manufacturing and QA Team Lead to join our engineering group.
As the Manufacturing and QA Team Lead, you will oversee a team of skilled professionals engaged in manufacturing and quality assurance activities. This role involves coordination with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of manufacturing and quality assurance processes in the development of cutting-edge products.
What you will do:
- Lead and inspire the manufacturing and QA team in engineering, fostering a high-performance culture.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap aligning with organizational objectives and long-term plans.
- Team Management:
- Find and create a multi-domain team to tackle manufacturing and QA in R&D.
- Daily management and coordination of work with the team.
- Create and maintain individual development plans for team members.
- With team leads, domain managers, and directors on department-wide initiatives.
- Lead impactful projects within the organization, contributing to developing next-generation prototypes.
- Process Improvement:
- Identify improvement opportunities within the team and the organization, executing them effectively.
- Management of production flow in the ERP system.
- Participation in the maintenance of instructions.
- Recording of possible production deviations in information systems.
- Implement methodologies and introduce QA points for validating electronic, RF, and mechanical components against design requirements.
- Implement frameworks, tools, and processes for data analysis, conducting root cause analysis, and presenting results to key stakeholders.
- Collaboration with Engineering teams:
- Provide feedback to design and testing teams for optimizing designs and products to ensure a nice transition to production.
- Define and implement new and current project documentation and release management guidelines.
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure requirements are correctly achieved and deliverables are defined and checked promptly.
- Project Management:
- Lead the R&D department's production work.
- Manage schedules for manufacturing prototypes and R&D satellite builds, identifying and mitigating schedule risks.
- Active involvement in development projects as a representative from the manufacturing and QA side.