Space Missions Quality Assurance Engineer - Finland
Make Impossible Possible in New Space - Join ICEYE
Hiring Model: Office
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international Aerospace company with employees from over 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. As advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity and know how to have fun!
What do you think we should do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
We seek a Space Missions Quality Assurance Engineer to join ICEYE's Space Systems department.
What you will do:
As part of the ICEYE's Quality team, the Space Missions Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining the quality and product assurance activities in the scope of space missions of ICEYE. This senior role requires industry experience and strong problem-solving and communication skills.
Specific responsibilities of the role:
- Keep track of the customer requirements defined in the contract and make sure that those requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure that customer requirements are thoroughly verified before product(s) are delivered.
- Understand the quality expectations and disseminate them to increase awareness in the company.
- Lead the efforts to solve the problems by gathering field experts across the organization to clear the path of the technical and management teams.
- Verify the outputs of the design, build, and delivery processes and compare them with the customer expectations.
- Keep track of the non-conformances, contribute to the resolution process and lead the efforts to prevent reoccurrence.
- By showing a proactive approach, define the risks related to the design, build and delivery processes, keep track of the mitigation plans, and lead the efforts of minimizing the risk ratings.
- Monitor the program, milestone and quality metrics, and lead the efforts of improvements.
- Provide necessary quality reports.
- Support other departments to complete spacecraft builds in a predetermined schedule, quality and cost.
- Contribute and/or initiate cost reduction projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering. (A higher degree is a strong plus).
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar/related position.
- Experience in root cause analysis, problem solving and risk management.
- Strong analytical mindset.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Strong persuasion and leadership skills, with proven experience in influencing other professionals.
- Strong commitment to quality-oriented design, build and delivery processes.
- Ambitious character to push the limits in order to provide permanent solutions to problems.
Preferred to have:
- Program/Project/Manufacturing Quality Assurance experience in the Defense and Aerospace Industry is a strong plus.
- ECSS standards knowledge is a plus.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e., Auntie, language learning, coaching, budget for additional work equipment for home, charity activity)
- Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. Every team member enriches our diversity by exposing us to various ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? You can apply to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Talent Acquisition Partner