Senior Go Engineer
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
In this role, you will be joining the Business Automation team to help develop a set of microservices and public APIs where ICEYE's products and services are made available.
Some of these APIs are used directly by our customers. Some others are used to power internal and external UIs such as our Order Management Portal. This team consists of 10+ engineers working on the backend, frontend, or both. The team is supported by a UX designer, DevOps, and security engineer.
You will be developing new, well-tested features. You will also be helping the team design and implement new systems from scratch with strict scalability, availability and reliability requirements for both internal and external stakeholders.
You and the team will own the systems that you create, from their design to their operation in production.
Our stack is mostly Go microservices running on Kubernetes in AWS and PostgreSQL and a good share of Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
We are constantly evolving our architecture, and we are looking at ways of bettering it using elements of Event-Driven Architecture, for example.
We follow Agile from first principles, aim at best industry practices and are always willing to improve.
- Design, develop and support a fleet of micro-services and customer-facing APIs following industry best practices.
- Support the team’s services in Production, including those that are customer-facing.
- Collaborate with customers, product managers and other teams to understand business needs, translate them into requirements and reach agreements in terms of scope and priority.
- Mentor other engineers, provide guidance and help the team to hold a high level of standards.
- Implement security best practices to safeguard data and ensure compliance with industry standards.
What you need to succeed:
- Proven experience in creating and supporting customer-facing APIs in production.
- Proven experience with a Microservices architecture.
- Proven experience working with cloud native container and orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Proven experience working with Observability and Monitoring tools such as: OpenTelemetry, Prometheus and Datadog.
- Strong proficiency in developing with Golang.
- Passion for crafting and delivering well-tested software.
- You’re a solid hands-on software engineer. You get things done but you also know when to take the time to get the design right.
Good to have but not required:
- Experience working with authentication, authorization and identity management systems and standards, including OAuth, OpenID Connect and JWT.
- Experience working with Event-Driven architectures and technologies.
- Have been involved in some form of re-architecture effort in the past.
- Experience in Infrastructure-as-Code such as Terraform.
- Experience handling geospatial data: PostGIS, GeoJSON, etc.
- Experience in working with programming languages other than Golang.
- Experience contributing to Open Source projects.
- Curiosity about space, earth observation and satellite operations.
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE. We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible.
We are making the impossible possible together.