Position: Solution Engineer
Location: Remote - United States
Hiring Model: Remote
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, UAE, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. As advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity and know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is designing, building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. We are also the leading supplier of new-space SAR satellite missions to governments and large organizations. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, defence & security, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we seek a Solution Engineer to join our Customer Solutions Team
- Be an expert in the application of ICEYE data to solve insurance and government natural catastrophe use cases
- Consult with clients and prospects on effective ways to leverage ICEYE data
- Support Sales Executives and Strategic Account Managers throughout the customer lifecycle with technical and process requirements to realize the value from ICEYE’s products
- Support Customer Success Managers throughout the implementation and integration of ICEYE’s products in their processes and decision making tools.
- Create custom geospatial analyses to support clients, prospects, and ICEYE Marketing
- At least 3 years experience of practical experience performing geospatial analyses for data driven decision making
- Creative problem solver with a passion for telling stories with data and analytics
- At least 2 years experience of working directly with clients in a technical pre-sales, data implementation or GIS consultant role.
- Skilled in multiple geospatial analysis techniques and comfort with multiple analysis platforms and languages
Preferred to have:
- Familiarity with remote sensing, especially SAR
- Experience in natural catastrophe analytics
- Experience supporting insurance or government clients
- A higher degree in Geography, Earth Science, Environmental studies or related field
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes.
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. Every team member enriches our diversity by exposing us to various ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Is this the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.