Operational Analysis Manager
Title: Operational Analysis Manager
Location: Espoo, Finland
ICEYE is a Finnish New Space company with the largest constellation of commercial synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites in space today. Our employees come from over 57 countries spanning expertise from areas including engineering, software development, data science, remote sensing, and radar technology.
Within ICEYE, the Solutions Product Team is dedicated to developing applications that mitigate damage from, quantify the impact of, and handle the outcome of natural catastrophe events. We work closely with our sales, analytics and engineering counterparts to discover and plan what problems we need to solve for our customers to grow our business sustainability. We determine the algorithms and processes to research, develop, and deploy as cloud scalable products, leveraging SAR and other geospatial data as input.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced operational leader for the role of Operational Analysis Manager to refine and improve our operational analysis process. The mission of the operational Flood Insights delivery team is to provide timely and accurate flood data and analysis to our customers in the insurance and government sectors. We review data from a variety of sources, including satellite imagery, radar, and ground sensors. We then perform analysis to identify areas that are at risk of flooding. We deliver our results within a short time period so that our customers can use them to make informed decisions about risk mitigation and disaster preparedness.
About the role:
As the Operational Analysis Manager at ICEYE, you will be responsible for refining and improving the operational analysis process. This includes ensuring that data analysis is created in a consistent manner and that the process is efficient and effective. You will have a holistic view of every step of the process and look for opportunities to continuously improve it in order to drive faster and more consistent delivery of our product. You will need to have strong analytical skills, as well as the ability to think strategically and creatively. You will need to be able to work effectively with cross-functional teams (Operations, Delivery, Product, and Engineering) and to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Identify the current operational analysis process and document it in detail. Gain a comprehensive understanding of the steps involved in the process, the resources required, and the stakeholders who are involved.
- Analyze the current process by developing metrics and identifying areas for improvement to make the process more efficient, effective, and compliant with product SLAs.
- Work with the team to develop new operational methodology.
- Establish a process for implementing changes to the methodology and work with the operational team to test and validate changes before they are rolled out to production.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the changes to ensure that they are meeting the desired goals.
- Work with the Solutions Delivery Team leadership to ensure staff are trained on the new processes. Monitor their implementation of the new processes to uphold consistency. Maintain process documentation to ensure that it is up-to-date and accurate.
- Analyze data about the operational analysis process and product to help product management make better-informed decisions.
- Run analyses on the data to identify trends and patterns.
- Communicate the results of analyses to stakeholders in a clear and concise way.
- Identify and manage risks associated with the operational analysis process, including developing mitigation plans to reduce the likelihood and impact of risk.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., engineering, statistics, operations research).
- 5+ years of experience in operational analysis or a related field.
- Experience in a data analyst/business analyst role is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- You are comfortable finding your own way and live well in the continuous stream of change that is inevitable in a start-up that is beginning to scale.
Why Join ICEYE?
- Impactful Product Development: Build products that help people plan for and recover from natural catastrophes.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Be at the forefront of space technology and work on groundbreaking projects in the remote sensing and natural catastrophe prediction space.
- Creative Freedom: We value innovation and encourage our team members to think outside the box and push boundaries.
- Impact: Make a real impact on the world by contributing to solutions that protect and improve lives.
- Startup/Scaleup Culture: Enjoy the dynamic and collaborative atmosphere of a young company with a passion for space exploration.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance) is Optional if the job requires it
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus.
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.