Wildfire GIS Analyst
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
The ICEYE Solution Delivery Team is looking for a detail-oriented and self-motivated Wildfire GIS Analyst to join our growing team in the USA. This position plays a critical role in the collection, analysis, visualization and interpretation of near real time remote sensing data to help stakeholders make informed decisions regarding natural catastrophe response. This role involves working with diverse datasets, using GIS software and tools, and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to provide valuable, near real time insights for natural catastrophe responders. You will work within the United States time zone and collaborate with colleagues across multiple time zones stretching from California to Helsinki, India and Japan. If you have strong analytical, GIS skills and a passion for disaster analysis, we encourage you to apply.
- Execute structured geospital workflows by integrating various spatial inputs and analysis methodologies to deliver actionable insights to our clients.
- Monitor and analyze diverse earth observation datasets to track live events specifically, fire events.
- Take charge of output quality and devise and execute quality control measures to detect and correct output inconsistencies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement GIS solutions that improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create and maintain documentation related to GIS processes, procedures, and data standards.
- Acquire proficiency in various delivery methods and ensure timely and efficient product delivery.
- Perform spatial analysis to extract meaningful insights and patterns from geographic data.
- Offer recommendations to improve the accuracy and efficiency of current wildfire processes and strategies.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Geography, Geomatics, GIS, Remote Sensing, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Experience working with GIS software (e.g., ArcGIS, QGIS) and remote sensing tools for geospatial analysis and data visualization.
- Strong understanding of geospatial concepts, coordinate systems, cartography, and spatial analysis techniques.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a remote fast-paced team environment.
- Energetic attitude with the ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills, especially during high-stress situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to a range of stakeholders in English.
- Familiarity with wildfire concepts, terminology, behavior, and management practices is a plus.
- Python scripting is a plus.
- AWS CLI experience is a plus.
- SAR and open source remote sensing experience is a plus.
- Ability to learn other appropriate GIS related programs or software systems used by the firm as necessary.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K plan
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE. We are making the impossible possible together.