Senior Frontend Engineer (design focus)
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to take ownership of a critical role in our mission control application team. In this position, you will engage in the full spectrum of the development lifecycle, starting from gathering specific requirements directly from stakeholders with the help of business representative to designing, coding, and delivering the app to production. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include working very closely with the rest of the team, often engaging in pair programming to foster collaborative creativity and knowledge sharing. Balancing high code quality with the pace of new feature development will be vital to the success of the project. Since we operate within a monorepo structure, cooperation and alignment with other front-end developers outside of the team will be essential to maintain consistency and efficiency across the codebase. With an emphasis on quality, innovation, and ownership, you'll play a pivotal role in shaping a product that is at the core of our cutting-edge space operations.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Typescript and React
- Good knowledge of Git, Github, GitHub Actions
- Good knowledge of CSS, LESS, ESLint, Jest, Webpack
- An eye for a good design
- Exposure to Agile environment
- DevOps mindset and familiarity with infra tooling
- Proven ability to mentor others
- Self sufficient / autonomous with good time management skills
- Ability to balance high quality code with business needs
- Willing to learn new technologies & keep up to date with emerging trends and technologies in Front-End development
Nice to have
- Ant Design, Playwright, React Query, Storybook
- Testing Library
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE. We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible.
We are making the impossible possible together.