Senior Electronics Engineer
What are we looking for?
To support the company's growth, we continue to scale our Electronics Team and are looking for a Senior Electronics Engineer to join our global Spacecraft Engineering Team.About the role?
As a Senior Electronics Engineer you will develop and maintain units and sub-systems for our satellites. Your main tasks will be the board level design of our products, testing them, documenting the design and solving the possible issues happening during the development process, manufacturing, or later at the orbit.
High quality electronics are an extremely important part of our satellites. The key element of your work is to verify that all the decisions are supporting that goal, all the way from the component selections to the qualification of the whole unit.
- Developing mixed-signal electronics into our satellites
- Ensuring high quality throughout the development process, to be able to minimize the issues when satellites are at the orbit
- Documenting your designs in a clear way
- Testing your designs in a board level and also make a qualification tests at system level
- Co-operating with other departments during the design process and also in manufacturing phase
- Conducting root cause analysis for issues on the ground or at the orbit
- BSc/MSc degree in electrical engineering or similar
- Minimum of 5 years experience in electronics engineering
- Strong experience in board level design, including schematics, PCB layout, simulations, PCB technologies etc.
- Experience in PCB design with Altium Designer or a similar electronics design (EDA) tool
- Knowledge how to do lab measurements at board level and also at system level
- Familiar how to use common measurement equipments and skilled to do advanced measurements
- Proficient problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to perform root-cause analysis on failures
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to work independently, but also a co-operative team player
- Suits well in a multicultural environment
- Interest to learn new things every day and ability to learn effectively
- Ability to work effectively on a changing environment (requirements, schedule etc. might change)
- Circuit level design experience of embedded systems
- Comfortable with Python and scripting under Linux OS
- Experienced with revision control tools (like Git or SVN)
- Knowledge of PLM systems
- Aerospace industry experience
- Experience on how radiation affects electrical components
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, bike benefit, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Phone subscription with iPhone of choice
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation agency support)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Finnish & English lessons
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. Every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.