Senior Flood Analyst
Hiring Model: WAH
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
We are currently seeking a Senior Flood Analyst to join our team in Japan, who will play a crucial role in our near-real-time flood analysis efforts. You will work within the Japanese time zone and collaborate with colleagues across multiple time zones. The position requires fundamental understanding of hydrology and disaster management, as well as advanced proficiency in GIS software and GIS data analysis. The ideal candidate should possess good problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and strong communication skills. As a member of our Analytics team, you will be responsible for daily operational tasks and will report directly to the Solutions Delivery Domain Manager. You will also provide valuable insight into natural catastrophes, and utilize your communications skills to convey that information in a clear and concise manner to your coworkers and to external clients.
- Conducting social media data analysis in Japanese to gather information related to disasters.
- Leading a team of flood analysts and conducting daily stand-ups to ensure tight operational procedures around flood events.
- Operating flood mapping, managing critical operational data, and improving workflows to maximize the quality and efficiency of the product.
- Managing project timelines and ensuring project deliverables are completed on time.
- Developing and implementing GIS data collection, management, analysis, and quality checks.
- Developing and presenting reports, presentations, and other materials to communicate findings to team members and provide technical support to clients and other team members on flood analysis and GIS-related issues.
- A master's degree in a related field, such as geography, geomatics, environmental science, civil engineering, or hydrology.
- Expertise in advanced GIS techniques and solid understanding of various remote sensing technologies.
- Proficiency in GIS software, such as ArcGIS, QGIS, or other similar platforms.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Japanese speaker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to a range of stakeholders and clients both in english and japanese.
- Python scripting and GDAL is a plus
- Experience with SAR is a plus
- Experience working in or with spatial database
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Consultancy agreement
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- Competitive Salary
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Time for self-development and training
- Benefits package that can be allocated to coaching, mental well-being or learning
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Something looks off?