Senior System Administrator
Role: Senior System Administrator
Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Senior System Administrator, with a focus on cloud products, to join our IT Team. You will help maintain and improve the IT landscape and help us scale the environment to support our growth.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Assess, (re-)design, improve and implement (new) applications used at ICEYE
- Assess, (re-)design, improve and implement (new) integrations and automations,
- Supporting the companies needs and its IT resources,
- Keeping the current IT environment up to date and secure, both on-prem and cloud,
- Support the Service Desk Team (comparable to level 3 support)
- Ensuring we deliver high reliability to meet SLA’s,
- Documenting existing and new solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role,
- Analytical mind and problem solving skills,
- Proven experience with two or more of the following points:
- Automating IT processes
- Scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell)
- Okta or an Identity Provider,
- Zero Trust networking (Cloudflare, Zscaler)
- Cloud Providers (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure)
- Good understanding of IT technologies, SAML, OpenID, etc.
- Good communication, documentation and collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) fluently in English
- Adaptability to changing needs in a fast growing environment
- Experience with Active Directory or LDAP,
- Experience with Server Administration (Linux, Windows Server),
- Experience with VMware or other virtualization platforms,
- Experience with Atlassian product management (Jira, Confluence, OpsGenie).
- Experience with Workspace ONE or other MDM solutions.
- Experience with Puppet.
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, bike benefit, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Phone subscription with iPhone of choice
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation agency support)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Finnish & English lessons
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Something looks off?