Staff Geospatial Software Engineer
Position: Staff Geospatial Software Engineer
Location: Espoo, Finland, remote
Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 nationalities. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the growth of the company, we are looking for a Staff Geospatial Software Engineer to support our ICEYE Analytics in the Helsinki area, Finland. ICEYE Analytics is responsible for building solutions that enable near-real-time assessment of the impact of global natural catastrophes and geophysical change using remote sensing technology. These solutions empower end users to quantitatively make timely actions for event characterization, assessment, and response during stressful and uncertain times.
About the role?
As a Staff Geospatial Software Engineer, you will take a technical leadership of services providing external geospatial data used in ICEYE Solutions Products. You will help to architect and deploy fast, efficient, and scalable geospatial data services and pipelines. You will report to the Director of the Applications Engine in the Analytics team.
- Part data engineer, part geospatial expert: you will help develop and improve on data related services and architecture for Natural Catastrophe Solutions Products.
- You will architect and envision scalable workflows and services to interact with heavy, multidimensional geospatial data and coordinate the work between multiple product teams.
- You will help us improve and maintain our AWS data infrastructure.
- Create common practices and share knowledge with Software Engineers in our domain and in the product teams.
- You have a broad expertise with geospatial data, satellite imagery and high volumes of raster data.
- You have previous experience in technical leadership of a product/data services.
- You are proficient in object-oriented and/or functional programming languages (we are strongly powered by Python and Go).
- Our software is powered with Kubernetes in AWS so proficiency in these platforms or similar and cloud infrastructure is essential.
- You have strong dedication to code quality, automation and operational excellence: CI/CD pipelines, unit/integration tests.
- Your expertise with Digital Elevation Models is a huge bonus point!
- You put Agile values into practice every day.
- You are able to effectively collaborate with cross functional partners and explain sophisticated technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- You are comfortable finding your own way and live well in the continuous stream of change that is inevitable in a start-up that is beginning to scale.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance) is Optional if the job requires it
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus.
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Paul du Plessis
Something looks off?