Position: Mission Manager
Hiring Model: Office
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from over 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. As advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity and know how to have fun!
What do you think we should do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We seek a Mission Manager to join our Missions Management Team in Espoo, Finland, to support the company's growth.
About the role:
The Missions Management team at ICEYE is responsible for looking after the satellites from the start of build to delivery to launch and throughout the operational lifetime. The team cooperates with other groups across the company, from spacecraft engineering, satellite operation, product management, and business development. The team’s responsibilities cover the following roles:
- Satellites build management and system engineering interface
- Coordinating with AIT satellite builds. Following NCRs internally with mission assurance. Communication with customers for major non-conformance to reach disposition. EVT and other testing management, documentation, and reporting.
- Identifying mission and platform specifications from a customer or internal requirements, following development and design reviews to deliver into production.
- Launch and early operations management.
- Support the launch team throughout launch procurement, preparation pre-shipment, on-site verifications, manage of the Launch and Early Orbit Phase – LEOPs.
- Managing in-orbit missions through a lifetime
- Ensuring that product and operational requirements from the fleet are fulfilled.
- Managing major non-conformances toward resolution with the support of operations and engineering teams.
- Ensuring corrective and preventive actions are implemented and included in future satellite development and building plans.
- Bids and proposals support preparing the scope of work, schedule, project management plans, procurement plan with the respective business development and product delivery teams.
What you will do:
- Elaborate and support processes for managing in-orbit assets throughout the lifetime. This includes following non-conformances toward resolution.
- Elaborate and support maintenance plans for in-orbit satellites in coordination with other stakeholders in the company.
- Ownership of qualification, configuration, acceptance plans, and records for missions in-build ICEYE's internal fleet and external customers.
- Support and ultimately manage mission launch and early orbit phase through pre-launch mock-ops to launch, commissioning spacecraft to factory delivery.
- Support other tasks related to mission management as the team grows together with the growth of ICEYE.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional/relevant work experience.
- A degree in a Mechanical, Electrical, or Electronics discipline or relevant experience in a Systems, AIV, or AIV-System role in Aerospace or a closely related area.
- Experience implementing project management of a technical mission within a robust team environment and leading critical tasks or groups toward a deliverable end goal.
- Technical background, adept at working and solving technical issues.
- Excellent communication skills to interface with the customer at the working and management level and with internal engineering, operations, and production teams.
- Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement.
- A positive attitude and a desire to learn new things.
Nice to have :
- Experience in the Aerospace & Defense industry.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (ie Auntie, language learning, coaching, budget for additional work equipment for home, charity activity)
- Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member enriches our diversity by exposing us to various ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? You can apply to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Riya Vidhani (Talent Acquisition Partner)
Something looks off?