Assembly Integration Testing/ AIT Engineer
Position: AIT (Assembly, Integration, Testing) Engineer
Hiring Model: Office
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We continue to scale our Assembly, Integration, and Testing team to support the company's growth. We are looking for an AIT Engineer to join our global Missions Department based in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland. You will report to the AIT Team Lead.
About the role:
The role of an AIT (Assembly, Integration, Testing) Engineer is to assemble, test and verify complex systems and subsystems. It usually combines an electronic board and some mechanical parts (boxes, etc.). The verification usually involves following some procedure, using test equipment, and often communicating to the electronic board with a computer.
The scope also includes process development, such as improving and documenting processes or various automation; or designing test jigs.
The person is also expected to troubleshoot various issues with the build or electrical subsystems. This could include writing non-conformance reports and having meetings with related stakeholders.
- Electrical Board Verifications
- System- and subsystem-level functional tests, verifications, and troubleshooting
- Electrical system validation
- Operate and troubleshoot electrical subsystems
- Subsystem and system-level hardware assembly
- Test Plan Development
- Process documentation
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engineering or similar) equivalent or higher, plus relevant experience
- Good knowledge of Python
- Strong knowledge of electrical engineering and embedded systems
- Space environment knowledge is a plus
- Previous experience in the space industry is a plus
- Practical experience preferred (soldering, cable making, PCB assembly/modifications)
- Studies in space technology would be a plus
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (ie Auntie, language learning, coaching, budget for additional work equipment for home, charity activity)
- Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? You can just apply to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Riya Vidhani (Talent Acquisition Partner)
Something looks off?