Strategic Account Manager (State and Local Government)
Position: Strategic Account Manager (State and Local Government)
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the growth of our Solutions business, we are looking for an enterprise software sales professional who wants to join our culture of success with their extensive network and solid sales experience within the State and Local Government sector.
About the role?
Working closely with the Head of North America Government Solutions, you will work across the existing solutions team to support ICEYE’s future state and local government sales strategy and success. You will generate leads, qualify prospects, craft solutions that meet prospects’ needs, demonstrate our solutions to potential government customers, and manage contract negotiations to effectively bring deals to a successful close, contributing to ICEYE’s revenue objectives.
- You will be responsible for lead generation and managing the existing sales pipeline, developing key relationships within state and local government agencies and utilising your existing network to identify opportunities.
- Work closely with the Head of North America, Strategic Account Manager(s) and the partnership team within your region and developing territory plan/long term sales pipeline and client success strategies.
- You will be uniquely focused on selling a defined solutions product to help government organisations respond quickly in times of emergency recovery.
- Participate in implementing a strategy that will result in profitable sales and growth of the overall business.
- Qualify and forecast new business opportunities accurately
- Manage complex enterprise sales cycles
- Ability to negotiate complex deals with proven influencing and closing skills
- Exceed assigned sales revenue goals.
- Travel extensively throughout the US and sometimes globally to meet with prospects to win.
- You will work closely with Government Agencies responsible for disaster response, management and resilience at all levels throughout your region, including but not limited to: State & Local Emergency Agencies and other potential partners.
- Work as part of a passionate team committed to the success of ICEYE
- You will have deep experience with Government Sales across emergency management or related technical areas
- A proven ability of working with Government Services and a developed professional network
- Ability to understand customer requirements and to deliver to meet their needs, problem solving and solution selling experience.
- Ability to work with a virtual cross-functional team to create solutions
- Strong presentation skills and proposal writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to grow a sales portfolio
- Experience working in or desire to work in an early-stage company
- Self motivated and proactive work style, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment in support of our clients during emergency situations.
Preferred to have:
- Experience in Insurance/Reinsurance or Risk Consulting with public sector organizations preferred
- Experience with government contracting, including working with resellers, channel partners, and value added resellers
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational Healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K Plan
- Time for Self-development, research, training, conferences or certification schemes
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every team member enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE. We are making the impossible possible together.
Something looks off?