Senior Remote Sensing Engineer
Position: Senior Remote Sensing Engineer
Location: Espoo, Finland, remote
Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 nationalities. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Remote Sensing Engineer to help develop and experiment with new solutions leveraging SAR imagery. You will report to the Analytics Director of R&D.
As a Senior Remote Sensing Engineer, you will help establish workflows that leverage geospatial data in a variety of formats and remote sensing image processing techniques to support the development and implementation of ICEYE business solutions in the domain of wildfire/natural catastrophe monitoring. You are a resourceful and applied engineer keen to apply your expertise to new areas in remote sensing, but also willing to dig in and help with the execution of existing workflows. You will help to establish new techniques, fusing SAR and other remotely sensed data, to create state-of-the-art wildfire monitoring solutions.
- Use deep domain expertise to help develop new SAR analytics capabilities in natural catastrophe domains.
- Cross team collaboration and problem solving, thinking critically to develop innovative solutions
- Leverage your excellent communication skills to present technical information to stakeholders
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Remote Sensing, Geoscience, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing and implementing remote sensing applications.
- Expert in remote sensing data analysis especially for damage detection and change detection (SAR, optical, infrared, etc) (theory and applications)
- Knowledge of many types of geospatial data and tools
- Strong software skills in languages such as Python and R
- Experience with SNAP and SAR processing frameworks like SARPROZ, GAMMA, CATALYST etc. for coherent and amplitude product processing and analysis
- Wildfire expertise valuable
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and data analysis techniques is a plus
- Deep SAR knowledge is a requirement
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance) is Optional if the job requires it
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus.
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Something looks off?